Will you take the COVID-19 Vaccine?

Watch
Khanthebrit
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
A young healthy adult male with no underlying health conditions between ages 18 - 25 years. Statistically, the chances of such an individual dying from COVID-19 lies somewhere close to 0.02%, this statistic also including possible cases of unknown health conditions at the time of death.

We're being told a vaccine is on the way, but don't know what's going into it and it breaks the status quo for the length of time and preparation that typically goes into a vaccine. I'm assuming the UK government is going to opt for herd immunity, so not all of us will have to have it.

My question is - surely it's better to let those who need it to take it and for individuals such as described above not to, letting their natural immune response take the 0.02% chance of failure. Until statistics of adverse reactions can be recorded in mass, I personally think I'd opt for that 0.02% chance.
catsarecool67
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
yes
Khanthebrit
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by catsarecool67)
yes
Elaborate - the reasons vaccines take so long is because they fail trials due to causing too many adverse reactions. I'm not one to believe in the whole autism ********, but adverse reactions do certainly exist and are proven scientifically to be potential consequences. Is there really a need to if the government employs herd immunity?
Last edited by Khanthebrit; 4 months ago
IanDangerously
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Yes, I want the vaccine!

I’m in favour of anything that allows me to get life back to normal. Plus once there’s a vaccine people will probably be allowed to attend sporting events etc without social distancing if they have had the vaccine
hope1279
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I would. Even though I myself will probably not die from it, I could pass it on to someone who will.
remussjhj01
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I'd like for it to have more checks done on it first, as it's still in fairly early stages, and we don't know if it provides any long-term protection yet (we've only got up to about 2 months from what I've heard).
Overall though, once a vaccine has been developed properly, I would like to get it. I've got anxiety and this whole situation really hasn't been good for it, and as above, it keeps other people safe too.
LovelyMrFox
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Yes, I would. Im in the risk group, so my chances of potentially dying would be greater. Death really isnt my cup of tea, so I think Ill go with the vaccine.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
No.
Only vaccine I've ever had is the polio one.
username5288932
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
yes
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (554)
33.95%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (674)
41.3%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (330)
20.22%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (74)
4.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed