Getting fitness back

Watch
Randomuser212v2
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
So over lockdown ( past few months) I’ve not really done much exercise apart from my walks every day and I’ve noticed my fitness has taken a massive hit . Before I used to be able to run quite far in not bad times and I was able to get to about level 11 in the bleep test . I played hockey a lot and that kept my fit also . But now I can barely run a 5k without becoming tired which then leads to me being injured and not being able to improve . Has anyone got any tips for getting back to how I was before without becoming inured so easily ?
_Wellies_
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Many of us are in the boat.

Cardiovascular fitness declines very rapidly when you are not active. The good news is it returns relatively swiftly. Just keep running those 5ks and your fitness will build up.

Are you really becoming injured or are you just confusing injured with feelings of muscular/joint soreness afterwards?
Randomuser212v2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by _Wellies_)
Many of us are in the boat.

Cardiovascular fitness declines very rapidly when you are not active. The good news is it returns relatively swiftly. Just keep running those 5ks and your fitness will build up.

Are you really becoming injured or are you just confusing injured with feelings of muscular/joint soreness afterwards?
I’m not too sure , I usually have white sore ankles because I was born with bilateral talipes so I’m finding since my muscles are weaker then my ankles are hurting more . But yeh my muscles ache after each run which then puts me off so idk how to build the fitness back up without getting sore muscles each time
Randomuser212v2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Quite *
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How will you be receiving your results?

Going into school to pick them up (191)
33.28%
Receiving them online / by email (288)
50.17%
I still don't know (95)
16.55%

Watched Threads