Stress free job for low salary or stressful job for high salary?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Would you rather work an easy stress free job or persue something difficult snd stressful for a much better salary?
I think about this way too much in my career. Career progression means more money but of course hard work and stress. A relaxed job seems nice sometimes even if its way less money.

Does anyone else feel this way?
LuigiMario
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
The most stress free job in the world used to be a Librarian

Then even those were ‘sacked’, redeployed elsewhere

Typically, in my career , I have had to start working in a new area every five years or so, on average, I specifically sought a very large multinational company, >60K employees, so that there would be many different ‘new areas’

And finally, I only consider those things stressful that I have some control over, no point worrying & raising cortisol levels over something that you can’t affect. Cortisol is the stress hormone that is released shortly before you wake-up, being awake is mildly stressful!
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
The best thing is if you can manage to marry someone with a well paid (but stressful) job while working a relatively low paid but low stress job yourself
stephlmx
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Would you rather work an easy stress free job or persue something difficult snd stressful for a much better salary?
I think about this way too much in my career. Career progression means more money but of course hard work and stress. A relaxed job seems nice sometimes even if its way less money.

Does anyone else feel this way?
It doesn’t matter to me. I want a job where I feel happy and like I am making a difference - stress does not bother me when I feel these things.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (29)
15.26%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (56)
29.47%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (75)
39.47%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (25)
13.16%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (5)
2.63%

Watched Threads