How does applying deferred affect my chances of getting into uni?

Watch
ewpfs
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
I want to apply to: Cambridge, Exeter, Durham, Kent, and Lancaster for English Lit.

I’ve come to the decision that I want to take a gap year. The reason for this is due to mental health issues, as well as being overworked (having to work full time hours during college to support myself), needing to earn money etc.

Will I be disadvantaged by applying deferred? Is it better to just apply next year?
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by ewpfs)
I want to apply to: Cambridge, Exeter, Durham, Kent, and Lancaster for English Lit.

I’ve come to the decision that I want to take a gap year. The reason for this is due to mental health issues, as well as being overworked (having to work full time hours during college to support myself), needing to earn money etc.

Will I be disadvantaged by applying deferred? Is it better to just apply next year?
In general, you aren't at a disadvantage for applying for deferred entry. There are some courses where it's not seen as a good option, but English Lit isn't one of them.

If you apply this year, and don't get the offers you want, you can do another application next year- but if you only apply next year you've only got that one chance to get places. So I'd apply this year!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (149)
60.57%
I don't have everything I need (97)
39.43%

Watched Threads