The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
And, Rosie, can you possibly take som pics around the house, just to give me an idea ofthe place, i'd be so very grateful..... also, isit u whos doing psychology, i remember someone was in brighthelm and doing psych, exactly wat i wanna do and be....! have yougot msn?x
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 21
WHAT? I thought they ALL had baths - that's what made it so appealing, along with the washing machines etc..... how can some have them, some not?
Reply 22
Luby
And, Rosie, can you possibly take som pics around the house, just to give me an idea ofthe place, i'd be so very grateful..... also, isit u whos doing psychology, i remember someone was in brighthelm and doing psych, exactly wat i wanna do and be....! have yougot msn?x

I'm home for christmas now, if you remind me in Jan i'll take some for you then. Nope I take geography, although i'm in the minority, 1 in 9 students at sussex take psych. Oh and as far as i'm aware none of the houses in Brighthelm have baths. The washing machines and massive airing cupbaods make up for that though! :biggrin: I do have msn but I'd rather we chat via TSR.
Reply 23
Rosie18
I'm home for christmas now, if you remind me in Jan i'll take some for you then. Nope I take geography, although i'm in the minority, 1 in 9 students at sussex take psych. Oh and as far as i'm aware none of the houses in Brighthelm have baths. The washing machines and massive airing cupbaods make up for that though! :biggrin: I do have msn but I'd rather we chat via TSR.

Oooh, what do you think of Geography there? I've applied for (BA) Geography and a joint course with Anthropology. I have offers now and i'm hoping to go next year :smile:
Reply 24
tom_ato
Oooh, what do you think of Geography there? I've applied for (BA) Geography and a joint course with Anthropology. I have offers now and i'm hoping to go next year :smile:

The course is really good actually. I've just finished the first term and I feel like i've learned quite alot. The first 4 modules I did were Sustainable development and Environmental management, Dynamic Earth, Human Geography and Global Cycles so I think as a joint honours student you get to pick two of those (the human two I guess!) The lecturers for human are really good, although one has just retired last week so I hear they're getting a brand new shiny lecturer for that. The work in the first term was very managable, alot of reading but not many assignments or essays. My end of term assessments consisted of 2 essays (1500 words and 2000 words) and 2 tests which was quite managable.

I've also heard good things about the anthropology department here as it shares quite alot of research with geography. Infact one of the case studies we worked on was entirely based upon the research carried out my 2 anthropology lecturers at Sussex.

Any more questions don't hestitate to ask :smile:
Reply 25
ah i just wanaa be there now, it's not fair!!!
Reply 26
I paint a pretty good picture for some one who's transferring next year! :p:
Reply 27
eh?
Reply 28
Luby
eh?

Take it that was directed at me?
Reply 29
yeah, what did you mean? :s-smilie:
Reply 30
Ah nothing. I'm transferring away from Sussex in September but don't let that put you off, I want to leave for personal reasons, nothing to do with the uni specifically.
Reply 31
Oh right fair enough - i thought you were talking about me lol...... you can't leave, sussex is the best! so you're staying for the rest of this year!! got any pics of your house yet, would love to see them...!
Reply 32
lol you're not even there yet! Like I said i'm back home for xmas now, remind me some time after the 12th of January and i'll take some for you then.
Reply 33
yeah but i've been obsessed with it since i first laid my eyes on it...... ok i will remind you, have a good xmas.
Reply 34
Thanks you too :smile:
Reply 35
Hey, have a good xmas? Any chance you can take some pics now you're back... wat houses would u suggest too, i was thnking on the east side opposite east slope..? hows it going?
Reply 36
Hey. Yeah I did thanks, it was great to be home. Sure I'll take some for you tomorrow (ie. in daylight cos the bulb in my room has gone and its very dark!) You don't get to pick which house you get unfortunately. Infact most people don't even get their first choice of accomodation. Alot of people ended up with there 4th or 5th choice last summer.
Reply 37
Really? that's awful, maybe i'll get my first choice though as i'll be unconditional, I hope anyway, 'cos I'd only wanna stay in Brighthelm really.... glad to hear you had a good xmas, not sure when you wrote that but how can I see the pics?? thanks for doing it too.
Reply 38
Luby
Really? that's awful, maybe i'll get my first choice though as i'll be unconditional, I hope anyway, 'cos I'd only wanna stay in Brighthelm really.... glad to hear you had a good xmas, not sure when you wrote that but how can I see the pics?? thanks for doing it too.

You get your first choice when you have an unconditional place, so don't worry.
Reply 39
Really? 100%? I definately want Brighthelm I think, is there any way of knowing what house you'll be in, like first ppl eg unconditionals, get the lower numbered houses?

Latest

Trending

Trending