Do you think it’s important to make notes aesthetically pleasing?

Watch
Claydo66
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I don’t mean doing fancy calligraphy titles and borders and stuff. I just mean do you think it’s worth putting in an extra but of effort to make notes neat and look appealing. Something about revising from messy notes with lots of crossing out puts me off.
I made a folder with plastic wallets as like a booklet for my maths notes. Each one is written out neatly and highlighted neatly with coloured pens to mark out key parts of diagrams etc. It only takes like 30 seconds but makes the whole experience of studying much more pleasant imo. What do you do?

thagirlhanna
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Yesss making notes neat and pleasing to you helps remember content. I colour code my notes for quotes, key words etc. and add pictures to help me remember even more Just simple pictures to almost summarise a point.
Physicsqueen
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I think it’s different for different students, but I always need a neat copy of notes, I’ll highlight key equations or definitions, draw out diagrams neatly etc. I sometimes do my original copy neat, but if the lesson is quick (or for lectures) I will take rough notes and the make a neat copy
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How will you be receiving your results?

Going into school to pick them up (193)
33.22%
Receiving them online / by email (291)
50.09%
I still don't know (97)
16.7%

Watched Threads