The Student Room Group

Nottingham or Liverpool?

Hi! I'm hoping to move to one of these areas in order to gain experience for PGCE and to apply etc. Could anyone tell me about them? The good/bad things? I've only watched youtube videos and I'm in love with both
Hi @ArabellaMarie8

Having studied in Liverpool I remained there for over ten years,as I fell in love with the place, great city and amazing people. I have also visited Nottingham and loved it there too, so both great places to go. To help you decide check out their courses available and their websites to give you a good insight. Sometimes they may hold events (these now mainly online) you can have a look out for these on the getintoteaching website as they get advertised on there, and the individual providers websites, this may give you more information about both.
hope that helps
Olivia
Now I know nothing about either place. However I’d pick Liverpool because it’s the best accent in the UK. It’s also northern and we love that. Maybe Nottingham is also northern but I’m genuinely too dumb to know where it is. So yeah I’m sure this was very useful
Original post by ArabellaMarie8
Hi! I'm hoping to move to one of these areas in order to gain experience for PGCE and to apply etc. Could anyone tell me about them? The good/bad things? I've only watched youtube videos and I'm in love with both

Hi there,

I thought I'd jump in and let you know about Liverpool from a student's perspective! So, I'll focus on the overall aspects of student life in the city since I don't know so much on the PGCE sorry.

So Liverpool is a great city to live in, we have a huge amount of lovely parks (e.g. Sefton Park) which are great to visit at the weekend. If you enjoy visiting cultural venues then Liverpool is an ideal place, since we have many theatres (e.g. Everyman, Playhouse), art galleries and the most amount of museums outside of London.

Then in terms of nightlife, I'd say there really is something for everyone. We have a wide range of venues from small independent clubs (e.g. 24 Kitchen Street) to arena-size venues (e.g. Echo Areana), there are also many bars, clubs etc., so you will definitely find something to suit you!

I've just given you an overview here, but if there is something specific you'd like to know more about then make sure you ask :smile:

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending