Amend student finance maintenance loan before uni starts

Watch
rain_david
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Is it too late to amend my maintenance loan figure, since the application closed back in May?

I'll soon be a fresher in England, and I fear I may have misjudged my living costs by deliberately applying for lower than the maximum amount I was eligible for.
Sadly, SFE decided to reduce that amount by around £1k.

I found a ray of hope after finding out Northern Irelanders have a clear option to change their loan amount (https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles...ce-application) but alas, I cannot find such an option on either my SFE account or their website!
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Has your household income been assessed? If not then get your parents to complete the pff2 form and upload it to your application to get your household income assessed.

What amount did you ask for and what amount where you awarded?
rain_david
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by PQ)
Has your household income been assessed? If not then get your parents to complete the pff2 form and upload it to your application to get your household income assessed.

What amount did you ask for and what amount where you awarded?
My apologies for the extremely late reply!
Finance issues have now been resolved; ended up staying put with what they gave me, as it's more debt anyhow..
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by rain_david)
My apologies for the extremely late reply!
Finance issues have now been resolved; ended up staying put with what they gave me, as it's more debt anyhow..
Hi, glad to hear this has been resolved. If you have any further queries please let us know.
Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (538)
33.9%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (652)
41.08%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (324)
20.42%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (73)
4.6%

Watched Threads