sunrisee
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I've heard that the IOE, UCL is known not to be supportive to teacher trainees. If you have trained at the IOE in what ever subject, how did you find it? How were your subject tutors and mentors at placement schools?
TheMandalorian
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I went to the IOE and did the PGCE in Further Education. My sister also went to the IOE and did the secondary PGCE English. I enjoyed my time at the IOE and so did my sister. The tutors are experts in their field. If a teacher trainee is having issues with their placement school IOE is limited in how they can help you. This is because they do struggle to find placements for people due to the amount of schools that do their own teacher training programs. They try their best to accommodate you.

The IOE is a great place to do your PGCE. Some people will have bad experiences but my experience with IOE was a positive one. It ranks highly for its PGCEs and education degrees.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (142)
37.08%
Take autumn exams (121)
31.59%
Look for a job (12)
3.13%
Consider an apprenticeship (17)
4.44%
Take a year out (67)
17.49%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (24)
6.27%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise