The Student Room Group

Government Policy Profession Policy Advisor HEO

Scroll to see replies

Is there anyone here that got their successful email in early September and has started checks or gotten allocated?
I received my successful email on 30/08 still waiting for department and checks. I emailed last week to chase was told to be patient and wait!
Original post by rek1404
I received my successful email on 30/08 still waiting for department and checks. I emailed last week to chase was told to be patient and wait!

Wow have you asked for Scot gov? I think Scot gov has been slightly faster
Is anyone still waiting for interview or does anyone know if interviews are still taking place/when they're due to end? For those of us waiting for interview results, I'm wondering if they are now waiting for these to be done to decide our fate (and perhaps the highest scorers were offered places immediately). I emailed to chase last week and still no reply.
Reply 584
Timeline below might be useful:

Applied 31/08
Invited to interview 10/09 (app received a 5)
Interviewed18/09
Interview Outcome 24/09 (5 for all 3 comps - total of 32)
Allocated Department and offer - 28/09 (HMT)
Start date - start of November
Has anyone here been allocated DHSC but based in Scotland?
Original post by jcp323
Timeline below might be useful:

Applied 31/08
Invited to interview 10/09 (app received a 5)
Interviewed18/09
Interview Outcome 24/09 (5 for all 3 comps - total of 32)
Allocated Department and offer - 28/09 (HMT)
Start date - start of November

Congrats did you apply for the HEO/Grade 7?
My timeline was: Applied 31/08 Invited to Interview 15/09 (application scored a 5). Interview 24/09. Interview Outcome 29/09 (6/6/7 Comps - total of 39). Waiting to hear the rest! Very excited!
Reply 588
Original post by Lambidextrous
Congrats did you apply for the HEO/Grade 7?

Thanks, HEO
Reply 589
Anyone still waiting to be allocated? It has been nearly 4 weeks since I found out I was successful now!
Reply 590
Original post by Jach34
Anyone still waiting to be allocated? It has been nearly 4 weeks since I found out I was successful now!

7 weeks and counting 🙈
Just got an email this morning that things have been escalated as I've had such a long wait post-interview, recommend emailing again for anyone who is in a similar boat!
Original post by jobseekerofcs
Just got an email this morning that things have been escalated as I've had such a long wait post-interview, recommend emailing again for anyone who is in a similar boat!

Hi jobseekerofcs - when did you interview and have you heard if you were successful after interview?
Original post by kapow343
Hi jobseekerofcs - when did you interview and have you heard if you were successful after interview?

Unfortunately I haven't found out my result despite interviewing back in mid-August. I emailed multiple times before and had generic 'be patient' emails but it was suggested to me on here to email again and be a bit more direct which seems to have worked and has prompted them to escalate (not sure what that'll do though but am more hopeful!)
Hi All,

This forum has really helped me with the interview prep.... and trying to be patient waiting for placement allocation. Thought I would post my dates as might help others with timeline:

25/08 - Submitted application (feedback 5)
02/09 - Invited to interview
10/09 - Interviewed (32)
20/09 - Successful

Currently awaiting allocation, and have stated within Scottish Government.

I know a lot of others are in a similar situation of not knowing when to tell current employers about new job, and also interviewing for other jobs, while holding out to see where allocation is. Difficult decisions, but hopefully will all work out. I can see my current wait is still not as long as other peoples, will give it another week and chase it up.

:smile:
Is there anyone here who has already started who could give us an idea of what the job is actually like? What do you get up to etc? That would be very interesting if they could!
Reply 596
Original post by nj4es
7 weeks and counting 🙈

wow even longer then! Have you tried chasing up by email?
Reply 597
Original post by Jach34
wow even longer then! Have you tried chasing up by email?

Yes, I’ve contacted them by email a couple of time, only to get the generic “we will be in touch” reply 🙄 Patience is not my forte lol
Reply 598
Original post by nj4es
Yes, I’ve contacted them by email a couple of time, only to get the generic “we will be in touch” reply 🙄 Patience is not my forte lol

haha mine neither! What location have you asked for? Mine is London! Looks like people who requested Scotland is moving much quicker..
Original post by Moana92
Is there anyone here who has already started who could give us an idea of what the job is actually like? What do you get up to etc? That would be very interesting if they could!

I don't think anyone has actually started yet. I know a couple of people mentioned start dates in October, but they were the earliest.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending