Government Policy Profession Policy Advisor HEO

Watch
g12345lazlfj
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hello, has anyone had their interview/ been offered a job?
ob-hockey
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi - I was wondering how long it took people to hear about rejection/offer of an interview after they submitted their cover letter and CV? I got in the 90s for the verbal test, but only just graduated this summer, so I’m worried that I may not have the necessary experience
alyss102
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ob-hockey)
Hi - I was wondering how long it took people to hear about rejection/offer of an interview after they submitted their cover letter and CV? I got in the 90s for the verbal test, but only just graduated this summer, so I’m worried that I may not have the necessary experience
5 working days! I submitted on a Saturday and got an invite the following Friday but haven't been able to get an interview slot yet.

I would say the level of relevant experience doesn't matter. It's really about demonstrating the competencies using the STAR method and connecting to the job description in some aspect. I got a 7 as my overall score and I do have relevant experience in local gov and voluntary sector but I know plenty of people who have gotten a HEO role with less relevant experience or by just focusing on their extra curriculars/work during uni.
alyss102
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by blueberrysro)
I asked about this and they advice giving in your notice after you've cleared security checks
That is really helpful - thank you so much!! Congrats again
jrtys764
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
hey i also haven't been able to book an interview, which is stressing me out especially hearing about all these offers flying around! I saw some slots came out yday but went to book 8 minutes after and they had all gone. i was invited to interview about 5 days after as well! good luck y'all!
alyss102
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by jrtys764)
hey i also haven't been able to book an interview, which is stressing me out especially hearing about all these offers flying around! I saw some slots came out yday but went to book 8 minutes after and they had all gone. i was invited to interview about 5 days after as well! good luck y'all!
Same...I got in too late again today I did email them though and they said they're trying to do a bigger patch of interviews soon so lets hope!
Ame1993
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi all, I applied back on 07/07. Surprisingly I only waited a week to be invited to an interview which I managed to book in for the following week. At the end of the interview, I asked about timescales but the interviewers said they really couldn't give any as it is such a large recruitment campaign. So I was surprised to get an offer exactly a week after my interview! Now anxiously waiting to hear where I've been placed. I went back on my offer email to ask a couple of additional questions. The recruitment team got back to me within a few hours to confirm I should have my department placement by the end of this week. Next Monday it will have been 3 weeks since my interview - so not too bad so far. I've heard how slow these large recruitment campaigns can be so I set my expectations, but things do seem to be moving along (not as slowly as I initially thought!)
ayla74
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey - I applied for this role over the weekend. Well done to everyone who’s been invited to an interview / had a job offer!

Kind of hoping I didn’t apply too late now... slightly worried in fact 😭 Should have applied as soon as I saw it on the CS website!
Monarchnord
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi Everyone. I have just been received a job offer for this role. Thought I would share my experience. The process lasted less than 3 weeks from applying to receiving an offer. The statement, make sure you put relevent examples and enough detail relating to the job advert. About a week after submitting my application, I was invited to interview . Annoyingly it took about 4 days of checking several times a day to find a slot and book. The first time, it took around 2 minutes to figure out the best time, by time I selected a time, they had all gone. So be quick!

Finally got an interview slot which was for 3 days time, with a presentation topic to prepare for. The interview lasts 45 mins. I heard back within 2 days which is good, and good feedback and scoring you can view afterwards. Best of luck everyone with your application
blueberrysro
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ame1993)
Hi all, I applied back on 07/07. Surprisingly I only waited a week to be invited to an interview which I managed to book in for the following week. At the end of the interview, I asked about timescales but the interviewers said they really couldn't give any as it is such a large recruitment campaign. So I was surprised to get an offer exactly a week after my interview! Now anxiously waiting to hear where I've been placed. I went back on my offer email to ask a couple of additional questions. The recruitment team got back to me within a few hours to confirm I should have my department placement by the end of this week. Next Monday it will have been 3 weeks since my interview - so not too bad so far. I've heard how slow these large recruitment campaigns can be so I set my expectations, but things do seem to be moving along (not as slowly as I initially thought!)
(Original post by Monarchnord)
Hi Everyone. I have just been received a job offer for this role. Thought I would share my experience. The process lasted less than 3 weeks from applying to receiving an offer. The statement, make sure you put relevent examples and enough detail relating to the job advert. About a week after submitting my application, I was invited to interview . Annoyingly it took about 4 days of checking several times a day to find a slot and book. The first time, it took around 2 minutes to figure out the best time, by time I selected a time, they had all gone. So be quick!

Finally got an interview slot which was for 3 days time, with a presentation topic to prepare for. The interview lasts 45 mins. I heard back within 2 days which is good, and good feedback and scoring you can view afterwards. Best of luck everyone with your application
Congrats both! I wondered if either have had anything about pre-employment checks yet or if anything has changed on your portal since interview (other than getting feedback)? I got the offer on Monday but haven't heard anything since.
Ame1993
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by blueberrysro)
Congrats both! I wondered if either have had anything about pre-employment checks yet or if anything has changed on your portal since interview (other than getting feedback)? I got the offer on Monday but haven't heard anything since.
Congrats to you both too!! Nothing seems to have moved on the portal for me yet, other than receiving the feedback. But I received an email this evening from a department asking if I'd be interested in a post there. They've asked to have a short informal phone to chat through the role in more detail so will find out more then and update this thread. I believe it was the recruiting manager who emailed me and she said they are under pressure to meet the internal deadline for this recruitment campaign so wanted to book the call in ASAP. The role appears to be working on EU exit transition policy so could explain the sense of urgency! Have you been placed in a department yet? I wonder if they need to place before doing the pre-employment checks?
Monarchnord
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Congrats both! No nothing yet since the email saying i was successful, my portal still has 'application being reviewed' with the feedback loaded on. Looking at the pack on the advert, it says candidate onboarding expected from mid Aug onwards so i'm guessing that'll be from the first batch of interviews in middle of July. On that timeline, i would guess start of September but i guess its just the waiting game.
blueberrysro
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ame1993)
Congrats to you both too!! Nothing seems to have moved on the portal for me yet, other than receiving the feedback. But I received an email this evening from a department asking if I'd be interested in a post there. They've asked to have a short informal phone to chat through the role in more detail so will find out more then and update this thread. I believe it was the recruiting manager who emailed me and she said they are under pressure to meet the internal deadline for this recruitment campaign so wanted to book the call in ASAP. The role appears to be working on EU exit transition policy so could explain the sense of urgency! Have you been placed in a department yet? I wonder if they need to place before doing the pre-employment checks?
Oh brilliant that is exciting! I haven't been placed yet but hoping to hear by the end of the week. That makes sense with regards to employment checks as thinking about it I guess they could differ by department especially for the likes of MoD etc
rosemarygirl
Badges: 4
Report 1 month ago
Hi all, I just came across the job and it sounds like something right up my street. I applied on 3rd August and see it has been extended to 14th August. I have passed the SJT and verbal test but really struggling with the personal statement, I always struggle with these things. If anyone who has passed this stage/been offered a job able to offer tips/suggestions it would be most gratefully received!

Also, it would be great to know if in employment history I should mention company names? I've worked for small companies so it would be fairly easy to figure out who I am if they just looked on LinkedIn. How 'blind' should it be?
Last edited by rosemarygirl; 1 month ago
alyss102
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by rosemarygirl)
Hi all, I just came across the job and it sounds like something right up my street. I applied on 3rd August and see it has been extended to 14th August. I have passed the SJT and verbal test but really struggling with the personal statement, I always struggle with these things. If anyone who has passed this stage/been offered a job able to offer tips/suggestions it would be most gratefully received!

Also, it would be great to know if in employment history I should mention company names? I've worked for small companies so it would be fairly easy to figure out who I am if they just looked on LinkedIn. How 'blind' should it be?
Hi there!

I haven't been offered a role yet - not yet had my interview but fingers crossed! For advice on the personal statement, I would recommend 250 approx words per competency. I would use the STAR method and think of examples that resonate with the job description. Use the guidance online to understand what good looks like for each competency at the HEO level.

I would also include company names but beyond that, the job titles are what is important and making sure your description of your duties shows impact and again relevance to the job description where possible.
Missybelliot
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hello,I received a score of 4 on the personal statement stage and have been put on a waiting list for interview. 'We are pleased to advise that you have passed the minimum benchmark however due to the volume of applications, we are not able to offer you an interview at this time. We may be able to offer you an interview at a later date, and will contact you accordingly if this is the case. We will review this on a regular basis during the recruitment process.'I'm unsure what to think / how likely it is that I'll be offered an interview. Is anyone else in the same boat? Did people who scored 5 get immediately invited to interview?
Monarchnord
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Missybelliot)
Hello,I received a score of 4 on the personal statement stage and have been put on a waiting list for interview. 'We are pleased to advise that you have passed the minimum benchmark however due to the volume of applications, we are not able to offer you an interview at this time. We may be able to offer you an interview at a later date, and will contact you accordingly if this is the case. We will review this on a regular basis during the recruitment process.'I'm unsure what to think / how likely it is that I'll be offered an interview. Is anyone else in the same boat? Did people who scored 5 get immediately invited to interview?
I received a 5 and got a link to book an interview straight away. There are a limited amount of slots, took me a few days of constantly refreshing the page to find one. That was over a week ago.

I think the role is online for 1 week more so after its closed, it'll give them a chance to clear the backlog and see the situation, so i wouldn't worry too much. Hopefully they'll offer one soon!
Sophiehannah95
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Does anyone know how much emphasis is on the CV at the personal statement stage? I passed the tests yesterday and have been forwarded to the next stage and I want to ensure my CV is tailored but wondered if it's made a difference to anyone else?
Monarchnord
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Sophiehannah95)
Does anyone know how much emphasis is on the CV at the personal statement stage? I passed the tests yesterday and have been forwarded to the next stage and I want to ensure my CV is tailored but wondered if it's made a difference to anyone else?
I'd say more emphasis is placed on your personal statement than CV. I just used my standard CV which isn't at all policy based but there are transferable skills in there. Won't do any harm to tailor it.
ellesj2000
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi, I'm just wondering if anyone who has had an interview is still waiting to hear back or has been rejected? I interviewed over a week ago and seeing that most people on here have heard back in a few days is making me think I've not been successful (well done to all btw!) but just wanted to see if anyone in same boat? Also for those who had interview, did anything change on the application page? My status still says interview slot booked...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year will take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (76)
30.28%
Less motivated (175)
69.72%

Watched Threads