eating disorder?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
for about a year i’ve been conscious of my weight and have purged after meals. sometimes i go a week without purging and sometimes i purge daily. i went to my gp some months ago after my mum found out and they asked me to fill in a form but i heard no more about it. does this mean that they don’t think my case is anything abnormal? my mum thought it was stress related as i was failing most of my a levels and my best friend had been moved to a psych ward. physically it hasn’t made me lose that much weight and i don’t binge eat and lose control of eating beforehand like a bulimic. do i have an eating disorder or is weight just a thing that everyone worries about in their teens? i’ve seen posts on instagram about how just over-doing a diet doesn’t mean you have an eating disorder so i wondered if going to the gp was a bit extreme?
SoulfulTwist
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Going to the GP was not extreme. Are you still doing this? If so, maybe you need to chase up your GP.
Pathway
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
It's not extreme, I suggest you follow up with your GP because your behaviours are not normal.
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Going to the doctor wasn't extreme. You need to get help to stop this behaviour. However, unfortunately, Covid has caused many other important things to be delayed & it sounds as though you may have seen your GP just at the start of this. You should definitely chase it up to see what's going on.
Feastful
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
for about a year i’ve been conscious of my weight and have purged after meals. sometimes i go a week without purging and sometimes i purge daily. i went to my gp some months ago after my mum found out and they asked me to fill in a form but i heard no more about it. does this mean that they don’t think my case is anything abnormal? my mum thought it was stress related as i was failing most of my a levels and my best friend had been moved to a psych ward. physically it hasn’t made me lose that much weight and i don’t binge eat and lose control of eating beforehand like a bulimic. do i have an eating disorder or is weight just a thing that everyone worries about in their teens? i’ve seen posts on instagram about how just over-doing a diet doesn’t mean you have an eating disorder so i wondered if going to the gp was a bit extreme?
Purging is unhealthy behaviour and doing it would indicate that you have an eating disorder.

(It is really bad for your health as well! If you don't sort the issue out, you can suffer lasting damage from it)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (554)
33.93%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (675)
41.33%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (330)
20.21%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (74)
4.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed