Bishalf
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
So basically I'm done with my AS levels right (Phys,Maths and Chem). However my school doesn't offer A2, so I decided to take my A2 as a private candidate outside the school. Am I supposed to accumulate both grades(AS and A2) to get the total A level grade myself? p.s I left my school and currently self-studying A2.
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
The way this works is different in different parts of the world - I'm assuming you're not in England. Are you taking Edexcel IAL or Cambridge A levels?
Bishalf
Rep:
?
(Original post by Compost)
The way this works is different in different parts of the world - I'm assuming you're not in England. Are you taking Edexcel IAL or Cambridge A levels?
Yep, I'm not in the UK. I'm taking Edexcel IAL
Compost
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
If you swap exam centres between AS and A2 you need to make sure that the second school enters you for the exams with the UCI (unique candidate identifier - 13 character code, e.g. 12345b152222A) the AS centre used or Edexcel won't see the results as coming from a single candidate.
Bishalf
Rep:
?
If you swap exam centres between AS and A2 you need to make sure that the second school enters you for the exams with the UCI (unique candidate identifier - 13 character code, e.g. 12345b152222A) the AS centre used or Edexcel won't see the results as coming from a single candidate.
Ah alright got it. That makes sense. So if that's the case, my AS and A2 grades will be "totalled" by the exam centre? Or will it still be 2 seperate certificates?
Compost
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Bishalf)
Ah alright got it. That makes sense. So if that's the case, my AS and A2 grades will be "totalled" by the exam centre? Or will it still be 2 seperate certificates?
There's no such thing as an A2 certificate - it's just the second half of the A level. To get an overall grade (at AS or A level) you need to ask the centre to cash-in the qualification. All this means is that they send a code to the exam board (normally at the same time as they enter you for the exams but it can be done until a month or so after the results come out) which tells the exam board they need to add up your best attempt at each unit and allocate a grade based on that. If you want grades for both AS and A level you just cash-in both. The exam board doesn't charge for this if it's done at the time of entering for the exams, there's a modest fee (around £5) if it's done after this.
Bishalf
Rep:
?
There's no such thing as an A2 certificate - it's just the second half of the A level. To get an overall grade (at AS or A level) you need to ask the centre to cash-in the qualification. All this means is that they send a code to the exam board (normally at the same time as they enter you for the exams but it can be done until a month or so after the results come out) which tells the exam board they need to add up your best attempt at each unit and allocate a grade based on that. If you want grades for both AS and A level you just cash-in both. The exam board doesn't charge for this if it's done at the time of entering for the exams, there's a modest fee (around £5) if it's done after this.
Ah alright I get it. Thanks for the information
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (76)
63.33%
I don't have everything I need (44)
36.67%

Watched Threads