How to make notes from textbook

Watch
PleasantShudder
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So I was just wondering what is the best way to make notes from textbooks. I struggle a lot with this and so any help would be greatly appreciated

rj1.706
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I like to get a parent to read out the page and write down the interesting/Important/useful parts. This is a rare method but it works really well for me. You can also download apps where you can scan the page and it will read it out to you; that way you can pause and play.
PleasantShudder
Rep:
?
That is quite an interesting method.
Do you know the names of the apps that read out the textbook for you?
rj1.706
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by PleasantShudder)
That is quite an interesting method.
Do you know the names of the apps that read out the textbook for you?
I use Voice Dream Reader but it is £14. Personally it does the job and you can even highlight and make notes on the pages as well !
neko no basu
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 19
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by PleasantShudder)
So I was just wondering what is the best way to make notes from textbooks. I struggle a lot with this and so any help would be greatly appreciated
Not very exciting but I just read through the page once then go back and pick 2/3 key points from each paragraph to note down in bullet points.

You can also try the Cornell note taking method https://medium.goodnotes.com/study-w...s-2749a3e8297b
PleasantShudder
Rep:
?
(Original post by neko no basu)
Not very exciting but I just read through the page once then go back and pick 2/3 key points from each paragraph to note down in bullet points.

You can also try the Cornell note taking method https://medium.goodnotes.com/study-w...s-2749a3e8297b
Thank you for this.
I will give the Cornell method a try and see if it helps me
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How will you be receiving your results?

Going into school to pick them up (193)
33.33%
Receiving them online / by email (290)
50.09%
I still don't know (96)
16.58%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed