Msc86
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I recently applied to three different pgce courses through UCAS. The site allowed you to choose up to 3 and I was advised to choose 3 to open up my options.

Two of these were from the same provider, but I did have a preference for one of them. Luckily I have an interview for my preferred choice, but have since been offered an interview gor my second choice.

However they are both through the same provider, with an invitation sent for both from the same person, and both are scheduled on the same day at the same time!

I want to ask would it reflect badly on me to decline the interview for the second choice , as it is sent from the same person. And if I did, how would I say it? Or if I should explain the situation and see if I could interview for both? I'm worried that I was given bad advice in applying to both!

Any help would be great, thanks!
Last edited by Msc86; 2 weeks ago
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by mjmorg86)
I recently applied to three different pgce courses through UCAS. The site allowed you to choose up to 3 and I was advised to choose 3 to open up my options.

Two of these were from the same provider, but I did have a preference for one of them. Luckily I have an interview for my preferred choice, but have since been offered an interview gor my second choice.

However they are both through the same provider, with an invitation sent for both from the same person, and both are scheduled on the same day at the same time!

I want to ask would it reflect badly on me to decline the interview for the second choice , as it is sent from the same person. And if I did, how would I say it? Or if I should explain the situation and see if I could interview for both? I'm worried that I was given bad advice in applying to both!

Any help would be great, thanks!
Explain the situation! I am sure this has been an oversight- or possibly they will interview you for both at once and offer you the course they think you are best suited to.

But definitely talk to the provider- they won't have set up something impossible on purpose!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (142)
37.08%
Take autumn exams (121)
31.59%
Look for a job (12)
3.13%
Consider an apprenticeship (17)
4.44%
Take a year out (67)
17.49%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (24)
6.27%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise