The Student Room Group
Student in halls, Buckinghamshire New University
Buckinghamshire New University
High Wycombe

This is how Bucks New University addresses their students.

I have recently finished my time at Bucks New University.

Following a global pandemic, great disruption of of studies and now great disruption of trying to find work afterwards, Bucks New University send this email:

"It’s nearly time for your results update & guide

Dear Student,

It's not long now - soon you will be able to find out if you can progress into the next year of your course or if you have achieved your final award."

(the e-mail then informs us of how our results will be delivered etc.)

It has now been almost two weeks to the day since this email has been sent and we have not had anything come through.

This is downright unacceptable. If you are going to use the words "not long now" and "nearly time" - do not make students wait two weeks, or at least inform them of the situation if there has been a delay.

I'm sorry, but I find this behaviour downright lazy and unacceptable, just wanted to put it out there.

In my world, "not long now" and "nearly time" means a week at the maximum.

I am fully understanding if there has been a delay due to COVID-19, though I feel this should at the very least be communicated through to us.
Original post by Anonymous
I have recently finished my time at Bucks New University.

Following a global pandemic, great disruption of of studies and now great disruption of trying to find work afterwards, Bucks New University send this email:

"It’s nearly time for your results update & guide

Dear Student,

It's not long now - soon you will be able to find out if you can progress into the next year of your course or if you have achieved your final award."

(the e-mail then informs us of how our results will be delivered etc.)

It has now been almost two weeks to the day since this email has been sent and we have not had anything come through.

This is downright unacceptable. If you are going to use the words "not long now" and "nearly time" - do not make students wait two weeks, or at least inform them of the situation if there has been a delay.

I'm sorry, but I find this behaviour downright lazy and unacceptable, just wanted to put it out there.

In my world, "not long now" and "nearly time" means a week at the maximum.

I am fully understanding if there has been a delay due to COVID-19, though I feel this should at the very least be communicated through to us.

Have you contacted your department to ask when they will be ready?
Imo you are overreacting and should chill, they come out when they come out.
The email sounded more like last years.
Student in halls, Buckinghamshire New University
Buckinghamshire New University
High Wycombe

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending