Provisional licence application problems

Watch
Sciencenerd101
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I recently applied for my provisional driving licence online. I filled in the form with all the information and ticked the box that said they could take my photo from my passport (UK passport, am a full citizen, have lived here all my life etc etc). Then I got this email:

Thank you for submitting your driving licence application online.

Your payment has been accepted but in order for DVLA to complete your application, it requires you to do one more thing.

You must send some information to DVLA.

You will receive an application completion form in the post - please allow 1 week for delivery. Please complete this form and return it to DVLA so that your driving licence application can be submitted for validation checks.

Nobody I know has been sent a physical form to fill in, they've just done it online and got sent their licence. The form asks for my passport info, NI number (both of which they already have) and a photo of me.

I don't understand why I am being made to do this, just wondering if anyone else had had this problem?
Dee-Emma
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Probably a problem with the passport photo or their link to it. Just send a physical photo with the form.
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Sciencenerd101)
I recently applied for my provisional driving licence online. I filled in the form with all the information and ticked the box that said they could take my photo from my passport (UK passport, am a full citizen, have lived here all my life etc etc). Then I got this email:

Thank you for submitting your driving licence application online.

Your payment has been accepted but in order for DVLA to complete your application, it requires you to do one more thing.

You must send some information to DVLA.

You will receive an application completion form in the post - please allow 1 week for delivery. Please complete this form and return it to DVLA so that your driving licence application can be submitted for validation checks.

Nobody I know has been sent a physical form to fill in, they've just done it online and got sent their licence. The form asks for my passport info, NI number (both of which they already have) and a photo of me.

I don't understand why I am being made to do this, just wondering if anyone else had had this problem?
Pretty normal. Just fill the form out.
laurawatt
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Yeah I had to do that when I applied a few weeks ago From what I gather it’s pretty standard
FRS500
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It is pretty standard fare, a driving licence *is* an important document, so it's safe to say that DVLA want to ensure that you're entitled to be issued with one.

As annoying as it is, asking us won't make much of a difference. You need to do it regardless.

The best thing you can do is fill out the form and hand it over ASAP.

Send it tracked and take a photo/scan of the form for your records. Things can and will get lost in the post, it's easier when you have proof of what you sent just in case.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get the SQA results you wanted today?

Yes- I did even better than I hoped! (34)
17.89%
Yes- I got what I was hoping for (53)
27.89%
No- my results weren't as good as I'd hoped (103)
54.21%

Watched Threads