Circular motion question

Watch this thread
aquaman34
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hello, please can someone provide me with a step by step solution for the following question, thanks:

A particle of mass m moves in a circle of radius r at uniform speed, taking time T for each revolution. What is the kinetic energy of the particle?
Alexokay
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by aquaman34)
Hello, please can someone provide me with a step by step solution for the following question, thanks:

A particle of mass m moves in a circle of radius r at uniform speed, taking time T for each revolution. What is the kinetic energy of the particle?
Assuming it wants kinetic energy in terms of r and T and m:

- Angular velocity = 2pi / T

- Velocity = (2pi / T) * r

- Kinetic energy = 1/2 * m * ((2pi / T) * r)^2

I think this is correct?
Last edited by Alexokay; 2 years ago
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 2 years ago

We're not allowed to post full solutions - anyway, you'll learn better if you don't just copy out someone else's solution.

The only thing you need to work out first to get the kinetic energy is the particle's speed. You're told the time it takes for one revolution, so what's the distance it travels in one revolution?
aquaman34
Rep:
below are the options on the mark scheme it says the answer is D, please can you tell me how, thanks
Attached files
Alexokay
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
below are the options on the mark scheme it says the answer is D, please can you tell me how, thanks
Read my answer above, expand out the final bracket and put it all together.
aquaman34
Rep:
(Original post by Alexokay)
Read my answer above, expand out the final bracket and put it all together.
Thank you so much for your help, i understand it now
aquaman34
Rep:
(Original post by Sinnoh)
We're not allowed to post full solutions - anyway, you'll learn better if you don't just copy out someone else's solution.

The only thing you need to work out first to get the kinetic energy is the particle's speed. You're told the time it takes for one revolution, so what's the distance it travels in one revolution?
Thanks for your help I get the question now
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (73)
67.59%
In the post (5)
4.63%
Text (15)
13.89%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (15)
13.89%

Watched Threads