bess614
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
my pet peeve is when someone scratch their scalp way too much, i mean a quick scratch is fine but I don't know, i really find it disgusting. am i weird? lol
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Slow walkers.
People who chew with their mouth open.
People walking in a group who take up the entire pavement.
People who walk into you because they're looking at their phones.
People who are walking in front of you and then suddenly stop because they're on their phone causing you to crash into them.
People who are purposefully loud when others are sleeping.
People who leave mess around and expect someone else to clean up after them.
Leaving half a sheet of loo roll on the holder instead of changing it.
Not indicating on a roundabout.
Saying they're "on their way" when they're nowhere near ready to leave.
Double dipping in a communal dip.
Leaving toothpaste stains in the sink.
hanna124
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
Slow walkers.
People who are walking in front of you and then suddenly stop because they're on their phone causing you to crash into them.
that's whole lot of pet peeves hahahhaha mine is spitting!
username5173262
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Slow walkers.
I agree with all of these apart from the half a square of toilet roll.
You are under-estimating the power of half a square! Those bad boys can easily go for 2 wipes if you are a skilled folder. :sexface:
DrawTheLine
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by hanna124)
that's whole lot of pet peeves hahahhaha mine is spitting!
That isn't even all of them. Evidently I get easily irritated by things :laugh: spitting is disgusting :yucky:

(Original post by 2_versions)
I agree with all of these apart from the half a square of toilet roll.
You are under-estimating the power of half a square! Those bad boys can easily go for 2 wipes if you are a skilled folder. :sexface:
:zomg:
username5164278
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
- parents who swear at their kids

- people who block aisles with their trolleys while they chat

- people who sneeze without covering their mouth and nose (had a friend in college who once sneezed at dinner time without covering her mouth and sprayed chocolate cake spit over the table and probabaly over other people's food. Absolutely disgusting)

-people who prepare meals without covering their hair. I see it in tons of cooking shows and stuff and I cringe. I hate stray hairs in food 🤢

- those people who always seem to hit you. You know the types? They just hit for no reason, like "eee stop it" *hit*
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
People who feel like it’s okay to hug you when you’ve barely met them (I know they mean well but I like boundaries)

People who don’t reply to your message while you can clearly see they are active on social media.

People who don’t stack their plates for the waiter when they finished a meal.

Teachers that are late to lesson all the time and can just get away with it.

When people talk all the way through movies/ complain/ try to predict the plot. I recently made my BF watch a film I loved with him since he struggles to take interest in the things I like. I made him promise he’d give it a chance and proceeded to complain about everything the character did he thought was “stupid” and predict what was gonna happen like “obviously xyz will happen” by the end of it my favourite film had been dissected and ruined.
Claydo66
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
People who repeat or mimic a joke that had been said by someone else or a TV show or something, as soon as it’s been told. It just makes it x10 less funny to me and ruins it.
evecornwellyt
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Poor people having children and expecting the children to help them out, be grateful and accept their miserable lifestyle
bess614
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by evecornwellyt)
Poor people having children and expecting the children to help them out, be grateful and accept their miserable lifestyle
o yes! making their children their retirement plan lol
parmezanne
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
For me, it's these two and people touching or holding my chair i -

i literally can't. i can feel it, stop touching my damn chair.
parmezanne
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
this is an interesting one....

i grew up surrounded by people that didn't because it's sometimes seen as a bit weird, or classless. ( and they're going to have to seperate all those dirty plates again ).

i don't follow a strict rule either way.
kekedoyouloveme?
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Slow walkers, I get pedestrian road rage honestly.
PDA I mean a kiss and such is fine, but, you know those couples who see you and then snog each other, like I get it you're in a relationship... Idk if that happens to everyone, but, every time I'm out and I see a couple they immediately lock eyes with me and start doing some lovey dovey stuff, like ok cool I'm not about to drop my ice cream to saunter over to your man/missus.
People who are also rude to waiters/waitresses, or other members of staff, like that's just embarrassing.
DrawTheLine
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

Teachers that are late to lesson all the time and can just get away with it.
I was always told not to stack the plates because some waiters have specific ways of clearing the plates and it can make their jobs harder if we stack them in a way they don't want them stacked. Instead, I just move the plates to the end of the table so they can easily get to them.

I agree with the teacher point though. It really bugged me when my teachers would be 5+ minutes late with not even an apology. I once had a teacher turn up 35 minutes late and didn't say anything about it. Yet then they are the same ones to give detentions to students who are 1 minute late...

It also bugged me when teachers would not let students go to their next lesson when the bell rang because they hadn't finished, because they (the teacher) were late to the lesson. The teachers justified it by saying that it was their lesson so their decision to carry on, yet then the students got detentions from their next teacher because they were late to that lesson. :rolleyes: Very pleased I don't have to deal with that anymore.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by yzanne)
this is an interesting one....

i grew up surrounded by people that didn't because it's sometimes seen as a bit weird, or classless. ( and they're going to have to seperate all those dirty plates again ).

i don't follow a strict rule either way.
I’ve had jobs as both a pot wash and a waitress and can confidently say it is so much easier when the plates are stacked. I suppose in a more classy restaurant it may not be in good taste to do so but in a pub or a fast food/ pizza place I’d say it should be the done thing.
Same goes for handing your plates to the waiter when they cannot reach and are already juggling a few.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (20)
14.49%
I need help researching courses (8)
5.8%
I need help with filling out the application form (7)
5.07%
I need help with my personal statement (55)
39.86%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (35)
25.36%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
2.17%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (10)
7.25%

Watched Threads