The Student Room Group

Thinking about Pharmacy again

Hi
at first i was really satisfied with the idea of studying pharmacy at university however people around me questioned my capability and it made me reconsider what i wanted to do. However attending open days has made me realise that i really want to study pharmacy. It would be so appreciated if any pharmacy students, pharmacists and ex pharmacy students can give me the pros and cons of the degree and the job itself as it will help me to decide. Thank you for taking the time to read this :smile:
Original post by pya123
Hi
at first i was really satisfied with the idea of studying pharmacy at university however people around me questioned my capability and it made me reconsider what i wanted to do. However attending open days has made me realise that i really want to study pharmacy. It would be so appreciated if any pharmacy students, pharmacists and ex pharmacy students can give me the pros and cons of the degree and the job itself as it will help me to decide. Thank you for taking the time to read this :smile:

Hey pya,

First off I would suggest you disregard what these outsiders have told you and they just doubting your capability. If you put your heart and effort into smth u will definitely make it.

speaking as a current student of the degree I have a list of pros and cons in my opinion :

pros:
- Healthcare profession
- Once in the job the job security is relatively good
- Many career pathways i.e into industry, healthcare
- Overall it is a respected profession

Cons:
- The pay is not on par to what you have to do
- The liability on the pharmacist is so high
- Oversaturation in the supply of pharmacists relative to the demand
- The degree is hard work

if you would like to state your current situation with education like are you in high school or college then I can give u better advice ?
Reply 2
Original post by AspireMPharm
Hey pya,

First off I would suggest you disregard what these outsiders have told you and they just doubting your capability. If you put your heart and effort into smth u will definitely make it.

speaking as a current student of the degree I have a list of pros and cons in my opinion :

pros:
- Healthcare profession
- Once in the job the job security is relatively good
- Many career pathways i.e into industry, healthcare
- Overall it is a respected profession

Cons:
- The pay is not on par to what you have to do
- The liability on the pharmacist is so high
- Oversaturation in the supply of pharmacists relative to the demand
- The degree is hard work

if you would like to state your current situation with education like are you in high school or college then I can give u better advice ?

Thank you so much! I am going to the final year of sixth form in September. The reason why I was also put off of pharmacy is due to the difficulty of finding a job afterwards which made me question if the degree was really worth it. I honestly am undecided if I want to pursue it though it was always my aspiration to do so

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending