The Student Room Group

Cambridge Vs London Unis

Hi,
I’m stuck between which university to go to - between Cambridge ( which is probably more academically strong ) or a London Uni like UCL ( because living in London is more fun).
Does living in London have a massive advantage over Cambridge ?
Maybe in some ways but it also has huge disadvantages. The costs are far higher. It is generally less safe and far more impersonal. The student satisfaction rates for London are far lower than universities elsewhere. Only you can decide if it is right for you.
I went to UCL and still haven't explored all of London. I went to a 3 day conference at Cambridge and pretty much explored the whole city (I'm sure my Cambridge colleagues will disagree to some extent!)

TBH UCL is hardly academically weaker, and the nightlife and London vibe is the best

Visit both I would suggest!
Original post by Noodlzzz
I went to UCL and still haven't explored all of London. I went to a 3 day conference at Cambridge and pretty much explored the whole city (I'm sure my Cambridge colleagues will disagree to some extent!)

TBH UCL is hardly academically weaker, and the nightlife and London vibe is the best

Visit both I would suggest!

I didn't even explore Bloomsbury, much less London. I didn't even make it as far as the British Museum. :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending