What should I do after my course in college?

Watch
EllaMaix
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hello so in September I will be doing my second year level 3 animal management course for the level 3 diploma. I was wondering how i would get into veterinary nursing after I have completed my course.
After I get my level 3 diploma in animal management can i move straight to veterinary nursing via apprenticeship. How does it work????😬😬😬somebody help
KittyKF
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
When I considered doing what you are doing now, I remember there being an option for a HND for 2 (?) years. After that you can top it up at university and get a degree. I'd speak to your careers advisers at college and see what they suggest. They would know what is available to you in the local area and also beyond.
weeemma
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by EllaMaix)
Hello so in September I will be doing my second year level 3 animal management course for the level 3 diploma. I was wondering how i would get into veterinary nursing after I have completed my course.
After I get my level 3 diploma in animal management can i move straight to veterinary nursing via apprenticeship. How does it work????😬😬😬somebody help
Veterinary nursing is generally 3 / 4 years courses
Most university does it 3 years as either Fdsc or BSC , basically BSC is 4 years and the Fdsc is 3 years with option of further year to take it to BSC level as Fdsc is a foundation course but still gives you job at end of it.

Apply to whatever university is doing the veterinary nursing course and as long ad you meeting the requirements of grades then you be able to apply okay.

Just bare in mind requirements levels are different at every university plus each country of the UK have different entry requirements ok.
CC!
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by EllaMaix)
I did this exact same course - L3 animal management. Hard work but brilliant fun. I took a gap year (last year) and I'm starting uni this October for vet nursing at Bristol. If you're into the idea of uni, look into a few. I applied for Bristol, Hartpury, Nottingham Trent, Reaseheath College and Harper Adams. But RVC and middlesex in London both do it too. As well as Myerscough college and others. Lots of choices. If you want any help, info or to discuss anything with the Animal management course or the uni process, feel free to PM me.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the rest of the UK follow the Scottish Results changes announced?

Yes they should (180)
59.02%
No they should not (90)
29.51%
Abstain (35)
11.48%

Watched Threads