Sammy9999
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi so I am filling an application form for an apprenticeship so they asked me have I got C or above in maths and I have recently had passed my functional skills maths level 2 so that's means I have do have grade C?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Sammy9999)
Hi so I am filling an application form for an apprenticeship so they asked me have I got C or above in maths and I have recently had passed my functional skills maths level 2 so that's means I have do have grade C?
Some employers accept FS L2 for English and or Maths as a grade C. If that is what you have, then enter it on the form and hope.
Sammy9999
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
Some employers accept FS L2 for English and or Maths as a grade C. If that is what you have, then enter it on the form and hope.
Oh alright thank you!
Chris2892
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
When I was doing my apprenticeships, those who advanced from a L2 apprenticeship to a L3 were required to complete the functional skills in maths and English if they didn’t have a C.

As far as I’m aware, the apprenticeship providers still offer the functional skills exams as part of your apprenticeship if they’re not valid or if you don’t have the GCSEs. I had to do IT because I didn’t take it as a GCSE.

So yes, include your FS in your application. You’ll be fine
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the rest of the UK follow the Scottish Results changes announced?

Yes they should (173)
58.25%
No they should not (89)
29.97%
Abstain (35)
11.78%

Watched Threads