The Student Room Group

Would this comment make you question my sexuality

So me and my coworker (we are both women) would chat about films. She told me she liked watching a cerain show (which i wont mention so i dont spoil it for anyone). So i watched it over the weekend and messaged her as im home working half the week to say
I liked it, but was bizarre especially the son confessing he found his mother attractive (though she is very attractive).
Im very private about my life and havent shared some things with her but would you think i was interested in women by the comment i made?
no not really u can find one attractive but have no really interest in them
No, loads of people will comment on the attractiveness of people that they aren't personally attracted to (like straight women discussing whether a certain actress is attractive or whatever). I wouldn't worry about it.
Original post by chikane
So me and my coworker (we are both women) would chat about films. She told me she liked watching a cerain show (which i wont mention so i dont spoil it for anyone). So i watched it over the weekend and messaged her as im home working half the week to say
I liked it, but was bizarre especially the son confessing he found his mother attractive (though she is very attractive).
Im very private about my life and havent shared some things with her but would you think i was interested in women by the comment i made?

No, I think this is one of the few double standards that disadvantages men. As in, straight women openly comment on other women’s beauty all the time and no one bats an eyelid and assumes they’re lesbian. Whereas if guys did that a lot more would suspect they’re gay or bi. So don’t worry about it, I don’t think she assumes that you like women!
Original post by chikane

You can think someone is attractive, without fancying them. I can see a statue and appreciate its beauty, but it's not like I want to take it out to a bar, or anything.
Reply 5
Thats good you dont so many nosy people in this world
Reply 6
Original post by fattyguen
no not really u can find one attractive but have no really interest in them

Not many people are comfortable saying that they find someone of the same gender attractive.
Reply 7
Original post by Oxford Mum
I can see a statue and appreciate its beauty, but it's not like I want to take it out to a bar, or anything.

Why not? It would be a cheap date! :biggrin:
I wouldn’t say so, some people are objectively good looking, no?
Reply 9
Original post by WoodlandSorcerer
No, I think this is one of the few double standards that disadvantages men. As in, straight women openly comment on other women’s beauty all the time and no one bats an eyelid and assumes they’re lesbian. Whereas if guys did that a lot more would suspect they’re gay or bi. So don’t worry about it, I don’t think she assumes that you like women!

Thats a shame theres nothing wrong with voicing how attractive someone is but there is a fear of how people will react.
Original post by chikane
Not many people are comfortable saying that they find someone of the same gender attractive.

anyday id glady say another girl/woman is attractive
Original post by Surnia
Why not? It would be a cheap date! :biggrin:

Lol, and a more intelligent date than most of the men who have been interested in me
Reply 12
Nah, it's normal for a woman to appreciate other women for their looks or style; you are basically kindred sports and there'll be certain things you notice, and different to what a man might pick out There won't be many females who haven't had a 'girl crush' at some time, even as an adult and even if they aren't sexually attracted to women.
nope

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending