how do i revise maths?

Watch
rxyaltyx
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
im having trouble revising maths because it's not like other subjects. does anyone have any tips?

Otherdjrj
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Do a sheet ton of questions and papers. It’s all a numbers game LOL
mnot
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by rxyaltyx)
im having trouble revising maths because it's not like other subjects. does anyone have any tips?
I always found maths the easiest to revise in school.

Im a big believer in the key in understanding the concepts and not just memorisation.

I think the best way to learn is to focus on the core concept in the syllabus and work through the theory of the problems algebraically. So you can understand why you’re doing the steps involved in solving the problem.

Once you have understand the logic, practice practice practice. Past papers, other problems, whatever you can get your hands on.
Last edited by mnot; 1 week ago
Mesopotamian.
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I just did every past paper, practice paper and practice question that I could get my hands on - physicsandmathstutor.com is a good site for maths practice and any practice questions in your textbooks.
Last edited by Mesopotamian.; 1 week ago
RaA64
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
My exam board was Edexcel and what I did was buy the CGP revision guide, go through that and my notes that I made in class on a topic, then use DrFrost to answer past paper questions on that topic. For math the key is past paper questions because the process is nearly always the same, the wording is just different for different papers
macy_m
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Past papers are the way to go, search up your exam board and you’ll see 2018 exams and below. Try mymaths, physicsandmaghstutor.com and hegarty maths for questions (Ik a few more but I cant remember).
For maths it’s about practice so make sure if you don’t understand go through every step and repeat it, don’t tell yourself ‘you get it’ just for the sake of it (not saying that you do), anything you have trouble with go over.
If you can’t find mark schemes online for certain questions you can use mymaths to check if your working outs are correct (they solve most questions, not fully worded ones but if you had a section of a larger question asking you to factorise you could check if yoy got the factorisation right etc)

I did edexcel and I was given a big textbook by my maths teacher but I also bought cpg guide which is very helpful. Make flashcardsfor equations and rules and theorems too!
Last edited by macy_m; 1 week ago
vix.xvi
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by RaA64)
My exam board was Edexcel and what I did was buy the CGP revision guide, go through that and my notes that I made in class on a topic, then use DrFrost to answer past paper questions on that topic. For math the key is past paper questions because the process is nearly always the same, the wording is just different for different papers
I second that- use dr frost maths:yep:
vix.xvi
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
also do loads of past paper questions
maths is basically the same for every exam board, so don't hesitate to use diff papers from diff boards
pancakesbob7
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Just do as many past paper questions as you can - it's not like the other subjects..there's only so much they can ask you! Just wondering which year you're in?
rxyaltyx
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by pancakesbob7)
Just do as many past paper questions as you can - it's not like the other subjects..there's only so much they can ask you! Just wondering which year you're in?
im going into year 13
RaA64
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by vix.xvi)
I second that- use dr frost maths:yep:
Ahaha
pancakesbob7
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
im going into year 13
Haha same...I use physicsandmathstutor for past papers and exams questions
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How will you be receiving your results?

Going into school to pick them up (191)
33.39%
Receiving them online / by email (287)
50.17%
I still don't know (94)
16.43%

Watched Threads