Reza_129
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm entering year 13 which is a level year. I go to college and do a btec full time. But also have been self teaching 3 a levels at home and am planning to pay and book the a level exams for all 3 subjects. My question is can my ucas account be made as a private candidate and not under my college because I don't think my college can give me grades for my a levels because I haven't done it under them. I'd rather get someone I know that's seem me do my work give me grades for my a levels and ask my head of department what they want me to put down for the btec pridction. So is this possible or no?
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Reza_129)
I'm entering year 13 which is a level year. I go to college and do a btec full time. But also have been self teaching 3 a levels at home and am planning to pay and book the a level exams for all 3 subjects. My question is can my ucas account be made as a private candidate and not under my college because I don't think my college can give me grades for my a levels because I haven't done it under them. I'd rather get someone I know that's seem me do my work give me grades for my a levels and ask my head of department what they want me to put down for the btec pridction. So is this possible or no?
This is possible, but you will need one referee who can give all your predictions. Ideally that would be someone from college who has maybe spoken to an A-level tutor, but it could be the other way around.

This is a big workload to take on- is there a reason you're doing a BTEC and 3 full A-levels?
Reza_129
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by SarcAndSpark)
This is possible, but you will need one referee who can give all your predictions. Ideally that would be someone from college who has maybe spoken to an A-level tutor, but it could be the other way around.

This is a big workload to take on- is there a reason you're doing a BTEC and 3 full A-levels?
I know it's a big workload. But I'm used to it now. I've already finished one half of the btec and only got the other left. And I guess I've self studied with family support 3 other a levels. Which I know is crazy but I guess just happened
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (5)
3.76%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (23)
17.29%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (24)
18.05%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (18)
13.53%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (39)
29.32%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (24)
18.05%

Watched Threads