Watch
Embtp
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Psychology, sociology
I can understand why one may feel that about sociology but psychology absolutely not. Plenty of clear well paying career paths to follow where your degree is needed/preferred.
Last edited by Embtp; 2 weeks ago
Anonymous #14
Report 2 weeks ago
which one would be better salary and employability wise: biomedical science or biomedical engineering?
Anonymous #15
Report 2 weeks ago
My friend did Viking Studies and secured a job after straight away (in JP Morgan). She's one of those people that are just eccentric, super likable and unique. She smashed it just because she's an awesome person, so idk if a degree can be overrated... You can pick the wackiest degree and still secure a job.
Mesopotamian.
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
i can guarantee a lot of dentists dont get training places after graduating straight away
Incorrect. A very small minority don’t secure places (which can be for other reasons other than lack of DFT places), that’s true, buts it’s very misleading to say “a lot of”.
OptiWeight
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by JustCalledKatie)
i’m surprised by the lack of hate for art based degrees (coming from someone who is doing a BA in textiles) and get but the at large discussion over science based degree.
because textiles are not "overrated", anyone with common sense knows no good comes out of those type of degrees. Going into science which is stem people might become reliant that the degree can provide you with a better outcome in terms of employability and such
ieVvu
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Any degree that’s done at a metropolitan uni
could you elaborate on this ? I am studying at London met but it doesn't seem to be easy
Lewis T K
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
which one would be better salary and employability wise: biomedical science or biomedical engineering?
They are completely different degrees and professions. One is a scientist (likely a clinical scientist) and one is an engineer
Anonymous #14
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Lewis T K)
They are completely different degrees and professions. One is a scientist (likely a clinical scientist) and one is an engineer
yea i know that its just that i have the qualifications for both and am interested in both so i was wondering.. since these two factors are pretty important to me
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
So true, so many people go into these degrees.
I'm going to study Psychology and plan on becoming a teacher from it but so many people in my course want to become psychologists, which is great but most of them don't realise how long it takes and how competitive and difficult to get into, a lot seem to think they will be guaranteed a psychology job after 3 years.
I heard a similar thing about Law too and I just don't understand, do people not research the degree beforehand? A lot of them have misconceptions about how easy it will be to get a high, well paying job.
I also agree that a lot of people go into these kinds of degrees when then don't know what else to do, I'm not sure why though.
yeah - I knew about 15 people that did a psych degree. Only one is a psychologist now, and he had to fight really hard. It's mad, really
Anonymous #16
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
No way. Lamborghinis for each day of the week, satisfying career path, hero worship from the community, women/men throwing themselves at you, status.
Living the dream.
You’re thinking of a surgeon
Anonymous #13
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by gjd800)
yeah - I knew about 15 people that did a psych degree. Only one is a psychologist now, and he had to fight really hard. It's mad, really
A woman that came in when I was in sixth form talked to us about it. She studied for 10 years because she found it so hard to get onto a PhD course. Even then there was so much competition and so she just did research instead because if not she would have had to spend another few years being an assistant to qualify and still might not have been guaranteed a job
Hellohsjakodsmka
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Medicine and underwater basket weaving :naughty:
Mesopotamian.
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Hellohsjakodsmka)
Medicine and underwater basket weaving :naughty:
Nooo don’t insult underwater basket weaving :noway:
Hellohsjakodsmka
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Mesopotamian.)
Nooo don’t insult underwater basket weaving :noway:
Sorry, I guess it's not as bad as overwater basket weaving :closedeyes:
Mojmeer
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Embtp)
I can understand why one may feel that about sociology but psychology absolutely not. Plenty of clear well paying career paths to follow where your degree is needed/preferred.
Yes, so many call centers are now hiring.
aboutnow
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Computer science
asim1999
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Computer science
As someone who is doing the degree and starting my final year, i found out they teach you hardly any useful stuff for industry

i have learned way more during the past 4 months of lockdown than i did in the last 2 years of university.
Enough now that i have mastered mobile development and am looking to start up a business before i go into my final year.

Keep in mind you will learn NOTHING in depth. Its quantity over quality
Anonymous #17
Report 2 weeks ago
Psychology, sociology
no one rates these degrees to begin with...
Anonymous #17
Report 2 weeks ago
Paramedcine/Paramedic Sciences?
RandomTennisfan
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Probably Psychology, I know a few people who study this going into a completely different career path or even regret studying it in the first place.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (7)
4.49%
Confident (14)
8.97%
Indifferent (16)
10.26%
Unsure (38)
24.36%
Worried (81)
51.92%

Watched Threads