Thread: Border Force Apprenticeship 2020 Applicants

Watch
yas-n
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Sitter)
Just had a provisional offer through this afternoon for Holyhead, anybody else?
Congratulations on the offer! No news on my location but I don’t expect to hear for a year or so as it isn’t a popular area really
Sitter
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by yas-n)
Congratulations on the offer! No news on my location but I don’t expect to hear for a year or so as it isn’t a popular area really
Thanks. TBH had given up hope of hearing something this year so was a nice surprise to finish work, check my emails and find the job offer!
BKIN01
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hi all,

Can anyone help me out with there experience of this.

I've been offered a conditional offer for Border force apprenticeship operational delivery, however when I applied for the role the salary was advertised as full time £21,011. I'm an individual currently employed full time and as it is something I have always wanted to do I was happy to apply and as a result be successful in this.

However during my conditional offer I looked at the TCs and it stated, it is however a document from 2019 that the salary is 15.5k and on a fixed term basis, I've reached out to recruitment already however was just curious if anyone else has been through this?
BKIN01
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
how long did pre employment checks take everyone
BKIN01
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Is anyone actually in the position of border force apprenticeship currently?
Fossy19
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi I’ve had a provisional offer before Christmas and haven’t heard anything since.. Have you had a formal offer made yet???
Fossy19
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Dazzybee)
I applied for Grimsby and Immingham and got an offer on 9th September
Hi I’ve had my provisional offer for Grimsby but haven’t heard anything for a while.. have you had a formal offer yet at all..??
Dazzybee
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Fossy19)
Hi I’ve had my provisional offer for Grimsby but haven’t heard anything for a while.. have you had a formal offer yet at all..??
Yes, about 3 weeks after all pre employment checks were completed I got a phone call with a start date, they confirmed that in an email and then emailed me all the measurements they wanted to order my uniform and body armour.
BKIN01
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think I would've been with you if I didn't decline the offer offer Tilbury haha
Jme1990
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hello, I am starting In tilbury in March 1st but as an officer not an apprentice 🙂Have you had any information through yet? I was told to wait for an email a week before start date (tomorrow)
Jme1990
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Jme1990)
Hello, I am starting In tilbury in March 1st but as an officer not an apprentice 🙂Have you had any information through yet? I was told to wait for an email a week before start date (tomorrow)
Just seen this is an apprentice thread! Sorry I done a search for tilbury start date and didn’t look at the original thread! X
dajackel12
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi,

I applied for the late 2020 apprenticeship and I just received an email today stating I'll be invited to an online recorded interview soon.

Just wanted to ask if anyone else has had this and the questions they ask? Any help would be great!
jessrb1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by dajackel12)
Hi,

I applied for the late 2020 apprenticeship and I just received an email today stating I'll be invited to an online recorded interview soon.

Just wanted to ask if anyone else has had this and the questions they ask? Any help would be great!
I’ve also received the same email about a video interview today! Where did you apply for? My first choice is tilbury
DragosMarian
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by jessrb1)
I’ve also received the same email about a video interview today! Where did you apply for? My first choice is tilbury
same here
jessrb1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by DragosMarian)
same here
Have you done your interview yet? If so, good luck!
DragosMarian
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Have you done your interview yet? If so, good luck!
Not yet. The deadline for my interview is the 1st of March. Wondering if anyone from this chat would give us a hint regarding the interview questions..
dajackel12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Congrats! I' applied for Coventry Parcel Hub

I've not had a chance to do the interview yet - Have you done it yet?

(Original post by DragosMarian)
Not yet. The deadline for my interview is the 1st of March. Wondering if anyone from this chat would give us a hint regarding the interview questions..
Congrats! I've not had a chance to do the interview yet - I was hoping someone could help too haha
jessrb1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by dajackel12)
Congrats! I' applied for Coventry Parcel Hub

I've not had a chance to do the interview yet - Have you done it yet?

Congrats! I've not had a chance to do the interview yet - I was hoping someone could help too haha
Just finished the interview! Let me know how yours went
dajackel12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey,

Hope it all went well!

I've been at work this week so not had a chance to do the interview yet. Planning to do it asap though.

Will keep you posted!
Tay118
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hope it went well! Going to attempt mine tomorrow. 🥴
Was there three behaviour questions on:
Managing a quality service, delivering at pace and making effective decision?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What would make a great online university open day?

Virtual campus tour (61)
19.18%
Virtual accommodation tour (45)
14.15%
Find out about sports clubs, societies and facilities (16)
5.03%
Video content about the local area (3)
0.94%
Webinars with lecturers (11)
3.46%
Taster lectures or seminars (70)
22.01%
Speak to current students studying my course (68)
21.38%
Speak to current students about the uni in general (13)
4.09%
Fun online activities or experiences (12)
3.77%
Connecting with careers services or employers (8)
2.52%
Info about student wellbeing and support services (5)
1.57%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (6)
1.89%

Watched Threads