The Student Room Group

Thread: Border Force Apprenticeship 2020 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
I just hope is a good sign🤞🤞🤞
Original post by Jane01
Did anyone got an invitation for virtual open day sessions?

I did 😍
Reply 82
Original post by Meshabbb
I did 😍

I did too but confused as to whether this means interview was successful or not. Does anyone know plz?
I also received the open day indivitation.

Has anyone else's portal changed with feedback from the interview? My friends portal changed with interview feedback (percentage score) but no open day invitation was sent to them. Mine hasn't changed.
Original post by dajackel12
I also received the open day indivitation.

Has anyone else's portal changed with feedback from the interview? My friends portal changed with interview feedback (percentage score) but no open day invitation was sent to them. Mine hasn't changed.

Mine is still saying interview slot booked with no interview feedback, did your friend get a passing percentage score?
Original post by jessrb1
Mine is still saying interview slot booked with no interview feedback, did your friend get a passing percentage score?

Hi, mine is the same as yours then.

My friend's score:

97% for the SJT,
Good Demonstration for Application
61% for Verbal test (I believe this is the interview feedback) - It does say that the minimum requirements for the job have been met for this.

My first 2 scores were similar to my friends and not yet received the last one.
Hi, mine is the same as yours then.

My friend's score:

97% for the SJT,
Good Demonstration for Application
61% for Verbal test (I believe this is the interview feedback) - It does say that the minimum requirements for the job have been met for this.

My first 2 scores were similar to my friends and not yet received the last one.

So they haven’t had the video interview yet? I’m assuming the open day has only been sent to people who have done the interview, haven’t heard anything else :frown:
The verbal test was done at initial application stage in conjunction with the SJT. I had my interview 4 weeks ago today and still waiting to hear.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by jessrb1
So they haven’t had the video interview yet? I’m assuming the open day has only been sent to people who have done the interview, haven’t heard anything else :frown:

Sorry for the confusion - They have had the interview.

I'm just a bit confused as they have 3 sections for feedback whereas I have 2 (I'm missing the verbal feedback) and I've been given the open day.

I'll keep this thread updated but guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Original post by Monarch1
The verbal test was done at initial application stage in conjunction with the SJT. I had my interview 4 weeks ago today and still waiting to hear.

Thanks for confirming - It looks like mine isn't showing the verbal feedback. Have you been invited to the open day?
Sorry for the confusion - They have had the interview.

I'm just a bit confused as they have 3 sections for feedback whereas I have 2 (I'm missing the verbal feedback) and I've been given the open day.

I'll keep this thread updated but guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Thanks for confirming - It looks like mine isn't showing the verbal feedback. Have you been invited to the open day?

Not heard a thing from them, it's getting a bit frustrating now. My online account still shows as 'Interview slot booked'
Original post by Monarch1
Not heard a thing from them, it's getting a bit frustrating now. My online account still shows as 'Interview slot booked'

I agree. I understand there’s a lot of interviews to review and a big reserve list but to make someone wait almost a month for interview results seems borderline cruel
Reply 91
I’ve got my open day invitation and my application status also still says interview slot booked. Very confusing as to whether this next stage means application progress or not as no verbal feedback score either just SJT results and good demonstration scores.

Does anyone know what to expect with the virtual open day?
Original post by Fattank
I’ve got my open day invitation and my application status also still says interview slot booked. Very confusing as to whether this next stage means application progress or not as no verbal feedback score either just SJT results and good demonstration scores.

Does anyone know what to expect with the virtual open day?

With the open day, I’m just assuming there’ll be a few main people going through a PowerPoint giving information about your location. I’ve gone to a virtual open day before with something else and it was like this with questions at the end :smile:
Reply 93
Original post by jessrb1
With the open day, I’m just assuming there’ll be a few main people going through a PowerPoint giving information about your location. I’ve gone to a virtual open day before with something else and it was like this with questions at the end :smile:

Oh I see. Thank you for clarifying 😊
Original post by jessrb1

Fingers crossed, it's as you say. Just had another look through the candidate pack and couldn't see anything mentioned about an open day, so perhaps it is a new thing?
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Jane01
Did anyone got an invitation for virtual open day sessions?

Yep, for Central Region - Inland Border. No interview feedback yet either.
Surely that should have been done at point of application, it is a tad frustrating checking emails far more than I will ever admit but no news is good news hey 🤩
Original post by Chief_Brody
Yep, for Central Region - Inland Border. No interview feedback yet either.

Me too, wonder if it means if we have been successful or not?
Reply 98
I think the wording in the email is ambiguous too. It says 'for you to make an informed decision before joining'. This suggests that we will be joining at some point? The email header is 'application update' so surely this is the next stage of the process. I got Verbal scores and Judgment scores back. The status is still at interview slot booked. I'm taking it as a positive as I don't believe they would invite people they were not interested in hiring to a virtual open day. I think that you can only add 50 people to a Skype call so there can't be many people that's invited. I applied for central and my open day is today. Hopefully, there will be more information on the process given during the sessions.
Original post by BIGCOL
I think the wording in the email is ambiguous too. It says 'for you to make an informed decision before joining'. This suggests that we will be joining at some point? The email header is 'application update' so surely this is the next stage of the process. I got Verbal scores and Judgment scores back. The status is still at interview slot booked. I'm taking it as a positive as I don't believe they would invite people they were not interested in hiring to a virtual open day. I think that you can only add 50 people to a Skype call so there can't be many people that's invited. I applied for central and my open day is today. Hopefully, there will be more information on the process given during the sessions.

I applied for tilbury but I’m still going to join today’s session because there’s a lot of useful questions that people asked (about the recruitment process) that they might answer today 🤞

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending