Chemistry undergraduate to finance msc

Watch this thread
Raja12
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey guys,

Im planning to do Chemistry at warwick and am going into year 13. I find chem interesting, which is why im doing it, and the job prospects such as investment banking. However, i just wanted to ask whether i will be able to do a msc in finance or something related, after doing the chem degree. This is because im kind of worried that i may not land a job for investment banking after doing the chem degree. I was going to take a gap year after 13 before in order to do a level maths and apply to economics. Also, do you think i will be able to get analyst offers from top investment banks, such as goldman sachs, with a chem degree and a few internships and insight weeks. Any advice would be helpful. Thank you
username5308374
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Raja12)
Also, do you think i will be able to get analyst offers from top investment banks, such as goldman sachs, with a chem degree and a few internships and insight weeks.
Yes. Try to get relevant work experience by applying to IB summer internships. The industrial experience and practical skills that you'll gain will give you the perfect grounding in investment banking. The best-performing students may receive full-time job offers upon completion.

As investment banks place such strong importance on work experience, to progress to a graduate scheme your chances of success will be greater if you've already undertaken an internship or work placement with them.

A bachelor's degree is the minimum educational qualification required to work as an investment banker. Entry-level analyst positions in the field are typically open to bachelor's degree graduates, and it is possible to move on to a senior banker role without a master's degree in many investment banks. Investment banks hire graduates from most subject areas.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (141)
42.73%
Not yet, but I will soon (58)
17.58%
No (131)
39.7%

Watched Threads