The Student Room Group

Breaking up for uni

So I’m in a relationship and going to a different uni to my gf this September and I think it’s gonna be really hard to stay together, we would probably only be able to meet face to face every 2 months and will both be hella busy due to uni work. Does anyone have any experience staying in/ getting out of a relationship when starting uni and tell me what they would do in my position?
What I would do in your position - end the relationship. At uni, not only it will be difficult for you to see each other, but also you’ll both be surrounded by loads of other people that will be having sex all the time
I stayed with my bf when I first went to uni. It lasted till Xmas. We didn’t really see each other once we went to uni and it was a little rocky beforehand anyways.
If you got a strong foundation and your both committed to making it work, I guess There’s no reason you can’t make it work.
Also you’ll probably have a lot more free time than you expect (unless it’s around exams) so you could probably meet more frequently that every two months.
Original post by Anonymous
So I’m in a relationship and going to a different uni to my gf this September and I think it’s gonna be really hard to stay together, we would probably only be able to meet face to face every 2 months and will both be hella busy due to uni work. Does anyone have any experience staying in/ getting out of a relationship when starting uni and tell me what they would do in my position?

If you really love each other, then you should at least give it a try. Even if you're unsure, I'd still give it a try (as long as your gf wants to as well) and if things don't work out, at least you know you gave it a try and won't have any "What if?" regrets.

Good luck either way.
Reply 4
From what I’ve seen going to uni put enormous pressure on an established relationship. My instinct would be to try to end it in a way that banks some of the good times and leaves a friendship for the future.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending