sophietxx
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
whats the workload like mainly between
HL Lit and SL geography and
HL geo and SL Lit

I get that the actual difficulty isn't much difference it's more of a time and content amount you cover that differentiates SL and HL. What's better? I like geography and Lit but find that I can read books to get into Lit without doing it at such a high level whereas in geography I don't tend to read so much and would learn more in a class?
Which is a harder combination is basically what I'd like to know and which combination needs more work/is more complicated?

Thanks
VanillaCream
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
in my class most people who just want to do 3rd HL not related to their preferred uni course (as I saw from other posts, yours is medicine) took English B or Lang&Lit (I'm not from the UK so we're not native speaker which is why Eng B) and none of them chose Geography
I started the year with 4 HLs - Biology, Chemistry, English A (then switched to B) and Geography which I dropped after the first term because I realized that the HL extension topics are not that interesting to me and I don't like the option chosen as the 3rd HL option, besides on Geography HL, there is more emphasis on essays than on SL
generally, I think Geo SL is a subject you don't have to study hard for and still get a 6 or possibly a 7 while Geo HL is a more demanding subject, it's still not difficult tho (if you're good at and enjoy essays), from what I've heard it is really hard to get a 7 in HL Eng Lang&Lit so if you don't mind essays and want to have a possibility for an easier 7, I would go for Geo
sophietxx
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
thank you. I'm not sure between langlit and lit I prefer Lit but think it's harder? so undecided right now - I'll keep what you said in mind.
VanillaCream
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by sophietxx)
thank you. I'm not sure between langlit and lit I prefer Lit but think it's harder? so undecided right now - I'll keep what you said in mind.
well, lit is harder definitely, so I'd say if you just prefer it, it would make more sense to take langlit unless you're brilliant at literature, then whichever should be fine, but langlit still has elements of lit, but is easier
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (165)
38.19%
Take autumn exams (132)
30.56%
Look for a job (16)
3.7%
Consider an apprenticeship (19)
4.4%
Take a year out (73)
16.9%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (27)
6.25%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed