megan_e
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi! i hope everyone is well.
I am reviewing a lot of my notes and comparing them to a lot of different resources, i mainly wrote them based on the biology textbook we were given, but i also recently found other resources online as well as the cgp guide, also the markscheme answers from some of the past papers i've done previously. I'm having trouble trying to collate everything into one but it's getting very messy and i end up getting overwhelmed, does anyone have advice? I'm sorry for the long message!!!
Thanks! <3

Roosesss
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Did you base them off of the specification? When doing so, it makes things a lot easier as there are quite a bit of unnecessary information in textbooks. Using it and basing your notes off them will make it a lot easier to make your notes and concise the information, ensuring it’s all relevant

As for organising. Do you have a lever arch file? Those are very useful. Start by organising the work into the topics. For example, a certain topic is all in one and then a divider separates it from the next topic. It’ll make it a lot easier when you need to find the notes as it’ll be in order! I also suggest keeping the mark schemes at the back of the folder or if it’s a mark scheme on a certain topic, keep it with that topic if that makes sense? Hope I helped ☺️
megan_e
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Roosesss)
Did you base them off of the specification? When doing so, it makes things a lot easier as there are quite a bit of unnecessary information in textbooks. Using it and basing your notes off them will make it a lot easier to make your notes and concise the information, ensuring it’s all relevant

As for organising. Do you have a lever arch file? Those are very useful. Start by organising the work into the topics. For example, a certain topic is all in one and then a divider separates it from the next topic. It’ll make it a lot easier when you need to find the notes as it’ll be in order! I also suggest keeping the mark schemes at the back of the folder or if it’s a mark scheme on a certain topic, keep it with that topic if that makes sense? Hope I helped ☺️
Hi! thanks so much for your help! I didn't base them off the spec! wow i need to do that! i'm all set with the folder organisation but thank you for pointing that out. THANKS SO MUCH!!!!!! best wishes!!! <3
Roosesss
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by megan_e)
Hi! thanks so much for your help! I didn't base them off the spec! wow i need to do that! i'm all set with the folder organisation but thank you for pointing that out. THANKS SO MUCH!!!!!! best wishes!!! <3
Awh I’m so glad I helped! Good luck!
Last edited by Roosesss; 1 week ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How will you be receiving your results?

Going into school to pick them up (193)
33.22%
Receiving them online / by email (291)
50.09%
I still don't know (97)
16.7%

Watched Threads