metalmay
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
hello guys, so im an intl applicant (Uni of Liverpool was my firm) and I narrowly missed one part of my conditional offer...they emailed me saying my application is in review, and that they would consider this years circumstances..do you guys know anyone who still got into their conditional choice without achieving the required grades??
metalmay
Rep:
?
im honestly so scared lmaoo cus then the only option I have is clearing... Liverpool if you're seeing this pls I beg you
University of Strathclyde
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by metalmay)
hello guys, so im an intl applicant (Uni of Liverpool was my firm) and I narrowly missed one part of my conditional offer...they emailed me saying my application is in review, and that they would consider this years circumstances..do you guys know anyone who still got into their conditional choice without achieving the required grades??
Hey! Sorry to drop in.. I know we're not the university you're trying to get a hold of but thought I'd try and help reassure you... :blush:

Universities take your full application in to consideration, including things like your Personal Statement and References. It depends on the type of course you're applying for and it's popularity perhaps- but applicants can still be reviewed for suitability for the course if they slightly miss their conditions. I obviously can't guarantee anything but try not to panic too much just now. It's out of your control and from the sounds of things they are still considering you as an applicant and are aware that circumstances this year have been crazy.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! What course is it you're hoping to do, out of interest?

Take care,
-Caitlin
Official University of Strathclyde Rep
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Yes people miss & still get accepted, but it’s completely at the discretion of the uni.

You now just need to wait and see what they decide.
harry_gill_23
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Can you apply for a college course and then have direct entry into the Uni course next year - if worst comes to the worst?
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by harry_gill_23)
Can you apply for a college course and then have direct entry into the Uni course next year - if worst comes to the worst?
Do you mean apply for a foundation year?

If they have a space on course you can ask to be considered for that if you get declined.
metalmay
Rep:
?
(Original post by University of Strathclyde)
Hey! Sorry to drop in.. I know we're not the university you're trying to get a hold of but thought I'd try and help reassure you... :blush:

Universities take your full application in to consideration, including things like your Personal Statement and References. It depends on the type of course you're applying for and it's popularity perhaps- but applicants can still be reviewed for suitability for the course if they slightly miss their conditions. I obviously can't guarantee anything but try not to panic too much just now. It's out of your control and from the sounds of things they are still considering you as an applicant and are aware that circumstances this year have been crazy.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! What course is it you're hoping to do, out of interest?

Take care,
-Caitlin
Thank you so much , that was definitely very reassuring. I’ll be doing Bsc Biological and medical sciences.
University of Strathclyde
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Thank you so much , that was definitely very reassuring. I’ll be doing Bsc Biological and medical sciences.
Best of luck to you! Try to enjoy your summer and remember there are loads of options available even if you don't get where you need to be this time around

I will keep my fingers crossed for you!

- Caitlin
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
The problem is that international students and students taking IB get their results several weeks before the A levels are out. The vast majority entering our universities have taken A levels. Universities look on near misses and often dont decide on near misses until they get all results in. Unfortunately for the OP it might well mean waiting until 13 August before a decision is made.
metalmay
Rep:
?
(Original post by swanseajack1)
The problem is that international students and students taking IB get their results several weeks before the A levels are out. The vast majority entering our universities have taken A levels. Universities look on near misses and often dont decide on near misses until they get all results in. Unfortunately for the OP it might well mean waiting until 13 August before a decision is made.
Yeah, that’s what makes the most sense, although I did get into my insurance choice just 3 days ago!
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Yeah, that’s what makes the most sense, although I did get into my insurance choice just 3 days ago!
I dont know how you managed that. Insurance shouldn't have the choice until your firm rejects you. The system is meant to be your firm considers you then if they reject you it then goes to your insurance. If both reject you then you are placed in clearing.
metalmay
Rep:
?
(Original post by swanseajack1)
I dont know how you managed that. Insurance shouldn't have the choice until your firm rejects you. The system is meant to be your firm considers you then if they reject you it then goes to your insurance. If both reject you then you are placed in clearing.
no, I meant my insurance conditional became an unconditional ; of course I can't confirm my place there until I get a response from my firm.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (84)
26.17%
England (108)
33.64%
Belgium (27)
8.41%
Germany (38)
11.84%
Spain (6)
1.87%