The Student Room Group

Are parties allowed now???

just curious because an old friend of mine that I havent seen in years asked me to go to an apartment birthday party she has arranged and it is a few miles away. But when she said, I was like umm... because I am pretty cute we are still in lockdown. Right?! I am so confused with what is going awn..
Original post by Ratchet Hoe
just curious because an old friend of mine that I havent seen in years asked me to go to an apartment birthday party she has arranged and it is a few miles away. But when she said, I was like umm... because I am pretty cute we are still in lockdown. Right?! I am so confused with what is going awn..

This is from the government website:

"2.1 Can I visit people indoors?

Yes, you are able to meet indoors in groups of up to two households (anyone in your support bubble counts as one household). This includes inviting people from one household into your home or visiting the home of someone else with members of your own household. You should continue to maintain social distancing with anyone you do not live with or who is not in your support bubble when doing so.

If you are in a support bubble you can continue to see each other without needing to maintain social distancing.

The more people you have interactions with, the more chance the virus has to spread. Therefore, try to limit the number of people you see - especially over short periods of time. The risk of transmission is also higher indoors, so you should take extra care to stay as safe as possible.

2.2 How many people am I allowed to meet with outdoors?
You can meet in groups of up to six people who you do not live with or who are not in your support bubble. You should only meet in groups of more than six people if everyone is a member of the same household or support bubble.

You can also meet people in groups of more than six people if everyone is exclusively from two households (anyone in the same support bubble counts as one household)."

"This guidance explains how you can protect yourself and others from coronavirus when meeting people that you do not live with. At all times, it’s important to maintain social distancing from people you do not live with to reduce the risk of spreading the virus. You should only have close contact with people outside of your household if you are in a support bubble with them.

You should only meet people you do not live with in 3 types of groups:

- you can continue to meet in any outdoor space in a group of up to 6 people from different households
- single adult households in other words adults who live alone or with dependent children only can continue to form an exclusive ‘support bubble’ with one other household
- you can also meet in a group of 2 households (anyone in your support bubble counts as one household), in any location public or private, indoors or outdoors. This does not need to be the same household each time.

It remains the case even inside someone’s home that you should socially distance from anyone not in your household or bubble. Those who have been able to form a support bubble (which is those in single adult households) can continue to have close contact as if they live with the other people in their bubble. This should be exclusive and should not change. This change also does not affect the support you receive from your carers."

Basically, no, parties aren't allowed. Don't go, because it is an incredibly stupid, disrespectful and dangerous thing to do. They aren't in your support bubble so please don't go.
Reply 2
https://fullfact.org/health/coronavirus-social-distancing-rules/
The newest up to date guidelines mentions you can invite one additional household / support bubble over for a gathering. So small gatherings / get-togethers are “allowed”. But this is just a guildeline. In general just avoid big parties with dozens of people, especially in smaller households or spaces and big crowds of people. If you feel uncomfortable or unsafe attending the party then tell the people who are organising it or don’t attend yourself. Do what you feel safe and comfortable with. :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest