Private parts touched on a dance floor

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi everyone,I am 20 years old, international student from India, Just finished my 1st year at uni.
Even though I am from India, I do not look like an Indian as an average Indian male is somewhat short and slim and I am 6 feet tall and weigh a lot more than average. But I look 20 kg less than I am because of my muscle mass.
Since an early age being larger than everyone around me, people tried to bring me down as much as they could like touching me in private places yes I have been molested, hitting me in the back and running away or even falsely complaining teachers about me. The teachers also thought I was a bully because of my size.
In my first week of uni, we had a freshers zoo party. I meet a few people, we were having fun dancing, and all of a sudden a guy about 5 feet 6 inches, really short hair almost shaved, wearing a foot ball jersey of white colour and black stripes and carrying a drink, comes between our group trying to get to the other side. He passes a few people come near me and was trying to get to the other side, I did not notice him but he nudged me on the chest and I moved aside, he noticed that I have chest fat so he laughed and pressed my chest with back of his hand 3 to 4 time. I did not know what to do, the only thought on my mind was 'DO SOMETHING'. I tried to press his chest and all I felt was ribs. He went away smiling with the largest grin I have ever seen and I was left with the memory of the indecent. I kept on dancing as nothing happened as when he left I felt nothing but it all hit me about 6 to 8 hours later of what happened. I cried for an hour or 2.
When I was molested as a child I did not knew what it was, I just felt my privacy breached and I used to hit people when this would happen, but then my teachers used to hit me. So it kind of made my attitude to not hit. I currently trying to get that hitting attitude back.Now my question is, should complain it to police or not about this incident?? As this has happened to me after knowing that someone should not touch you in certain places.
I am on the american football team, and during one practice, a teammate of mine patted me on my bottom and I did not felt his touch as a breach of anything as I consider him closer to me than a stranger. I have confronted him on the spot by telling him do not do it as it feels gay, I used the word gay as calling a male like him gay makes him feel insulted, I did not mean any discrimination against gays. He said he told the same thing to his father when he used to touch his bottom. Though when the uni will start now I will be talking to him again about not doing it to other people.
But my question remain, SHOULD I COMPLAIN TO POLICE OR NOT ABOUT THE INCIDENT AT THE FRESHERS PARTY??CAN ANYONE ANSWER ME.
I don't even want any sort of revenge, I only want someone to hear this. I even know this that even if I report this, that guy would never be found as there were around 100 to 200 people at that party and it happened now 10 to 11 months ago. I am writing for peoples suggestions on net because I don't want anyone to know this happened to me yet.
But my question remain, SHOULD I COMPLAIN TO POLICE OR NOT ABOUT THE INCIDENT AT THE FRESHERS PARTY??CAN ANYONE ANSWER ME.
Advertisement
winona116
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
You can file a complaint, do you have his profile?
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
The guy touched your chest, I'm not really sure that counts as "private parts" if you are male. If the incident upset you because of things that happened to you in the past, it might be worth getting some counselling, but I don't think this is something to go to the police about.
Advertisement
Anonymous #1
Isn't unwanted touching a form of assault no matter where.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by winona116)
No, I only know what he was wearing and his height.
Advertisement
Anonymous #1
(Original post by black tea)
The guy touched your chest, I'm not really sure that counts as "private parts" if you are male. If the incident upset you because of things that happened to you in the past, it might be worth getting some counselling, but I don't think this is something to go to the police about.
Anonymous #1
Isn't unwanted touching a form of assault no matter where or to whomever.
Advertisement
Anonymous #1
(Original post by winona116)
I would like to report it but I only know that that person studies at my uni and it is likely that he is 2019-2020 fresher. And I only know his height and what he was wearing that night. Plus I know everyone would say that I am a male so it does not matter, and I was wearing a t-shirt and a rely thin hoodie over it, so it should not affect me. It is affecting me because I have been molested as a child but I am over it, and this happened. What shall I do.
Anonymous #1
I would like to report it but I only know that that person studies at my uni and it is likely that he is 2019-2020 fresher. And I only know his height and what he was wearing that night. Plus I know everyone would say that I am a male so it does not matter, and I was wearing a t-shirt and a rely thin hoodie over it, so it should not affect me. It is affecting me because I have been molested as a child but I am over it, and this happened. What shall I do.
Advertisement
black tea
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Sounds like the sort of thing that teenage boys do at a party. Technically, you touched him too so you are just as guilty.
black tea
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
You are clearly not over it. Most people would not be upset about this situation, let alone dwell on it for months. I think you need to seek help for the issues from your past. The police will not do very much in this situation.
Advertisement
Anonymous #1
Sounds like the sort of thing that teenage boys do at a party. Technically, you touched him too so you are just as guilty.
thats true
Anonymous #1
You are clearly not over it. Most people would not be upset about this situation, let alone dwell on it for months. I think you need to seek help for the issues from your past. The police will not do very much in this situation.
I have forgiven him, he was almost 8 inches shorter than anyone at the party so he felt an urge to see someone with contempt and he saw me. I was raised by people who used to be monks and I was taught how to live without ego and pride, but my anger is still on people who do this stuff. How can someone have lack of empathy. I don't want him to do this to someone else. I just don't know what to do. I hate having anger.
Advertisement
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (89)
38.36%
Take autumn exams (76)
32.76%
Look for a job (6)
2.59%
Consider an apprenticeship (8)
3.45%
Take a year out (39)
16.81%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (14)
6.03%

Watched Threads