sil1912
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello, I am looking to buy a macbook for university, however im struggling to decide which one would be best.

one of the choices is the Macbook Air,
1.1GHz quad-core 10th-generation Intel Core i5 processor, Turbo Boost up to 3.5GHz

the second is also a Macbook Air,
1.2GHz quad-core 10th-generation Intel Core i7 processor, Turbo Boost up to 3.8GHz

the third is a Macbook Pro,
1.4GHz quad-core 8th‑generation Intel Core i5 processor, Turbo Boost up to 3.9GHz

I would really love some advice, as to which macbook would be best for me. I am doing advertising at uni, there will be one module that wil envolve graphic design, but i dont think its worthwhile buying an extremely good laptop with good graphics just for one module. which laptop would be more worthwhile buying? i am mostly stuck between the macbook air i7 processor and macbook pro i5 processor. which one is better? or would a macbook air i5 would be enough? any help would be appreciated as im terrible at making decisions thank you
sil1912
Rep:
?
Thank you for your reply. when does apple normally come out with laptops? im not sure if i would want to wait around for the new ones, there could also be a chance that the apple silicon chiplets could be terrible.. so im not sure what to do.. i dont really mind if the laptop becomes obsolete in 3-5 years as I will be using the computer for 4 years, which is the length of my course.
sil1912
Rep:
?
Yes i understand im not normally the sort of person who always wants to buy the latest computer/phone and i think that I will be using the computer for a very long time.. so either way it would be difficult to sell as nobody really wants an old computer.. the only thing that im concerned about is the updates and if the laptop ive chosen will be getting new updates each year such as the iOS, since the macbook pro is 8th-gen does that mean it will stop getting the updates sooner than the 10th gen macbook air? hope that made sense
PSHA1812
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
when is everyone purchasing their laptops?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (5)
9.09%
I need help researching courses (5)
9.09%
I need help with filling out the application form (3)
5.45%
I need help with my personal statement (24)
43.64%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (13)
23.64%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
3.64%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (3)
5.45%

Watched Threads