The Student Room Group

Gcse

Hey, can you do any Alevels with 5 gcse @ grades of 4Help me I'm new.
it depends what ur 6th form or college are looking for, most places ask for a 4 in maths and english and 6s in subjects that you want to take in alevels. like a 6 in art or a 6 in biology. just check with your 6th form/college and they will give u some guidance 😇
It depends on your sixth form. But for subjects like maths, further maths, biology, chemistry and physics, many schools require a certain grade. For example in my school to do these subjects you need a grade 6 :smile:
Original post by pdesousa
Hey, can you do any Alevels with 5 gcse @ grades of 4Help me I'm new.

Most Sixth forms ask for at least 5 GCSEs at grades 4 so that should be fine. The problem is that lots of subjects ask higher grades in that subject. At my sixth form though you could take Art (if one of your GCSEs is in a creative subject), business studies, Design and Technology, Geography, Photography, Textiles (if one of your GCSEs is in a creative subject), Business BTEC and Sport BTEC. Look at the prospectus for where you want to go and check what you would need. Might be on the website?
depends on the college/sixth form's individual requirements, there'd be some courses that you probably wouldn't be able to take but there still should be options for you. you're probably better off contacting them directly and seeing what's right for you.

Quick Reply

Latest