Live video Q and A: TSR Answers - Results Day support, advice and guidance

Watch
macbook4
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
is there a difference between taking exams in Summer or autumn?
hobinobichimchim
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by teraphin)
where do i go to watch?
it's at the top of the thread
hobinobichimchim
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by mill782)
When would October alevel 'resits' results be released
just before christmas im p sure
Alldreamy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
If you miss your grade by a small margin i’ve heard about calling up your university to try and plead your case. Would this be calling admissions and what would you suggest saying?
grace1233
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
If i get into my insurance choice, will my firm no longer consider giving me a place if i have missed a grade?
hobinobichimchim
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by lfc.lak)
Some unis such as Notts require a form to enter clearing, do we have to reject our firm and insurance if we want to enter clearing ?
for clearing, u have to have NO offers before u try it. so yh u have to reject ur firm and insurance if u get them
betty137
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Can you mix your mock results and teachers assessment or do you just have to use one or the other? Eg if your teacher gives you an ABC but you got BBB in your mocks, could you get ABB
Anonymous #11
Report 2 months ago
If I miss my firm grades but the university hasn’t confirmed anything on UCAS, what does that mean for my insurance? I’d obviously want my firm but does this mean I would miss my insurance place due to the wait, or is that place on hold until the firm confirms something.
roxy120702
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
studying abroad?
2is
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by geetha0990)
do competitive unis such as london school of ecnomics do clearing?
Hi geetha0990

I've had a look for you and unfortunately all undergraduate places at LSE have now been filled, so LSE will not be participating in Clearing or Adjustment for 2020 entry. (Source here: https://www.lse.ac.uk/study-at-lse/U...sked-Questions).
Anonymous #12
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by StrawberryDreams)
Attachment 931750
Welcome to our second TSR Answers:
Results Day and Clearing special

Live video Q&A

Wednesday 12th August at 3pm - Live now!!!

Results Day Support, Advice and Guidance

Results Day is nearly here, and it can feel like a pretty stressful time. Are you looking after yourself? If you have any last minute questions about the Ucas process, what support will be like at uni in September or what your options are if you miss your grades - this is the Q&A for you.

UPDATE: We'll also be answering questions about using your mocks to appeal your grades. We will answer the questions as best we can, but we are still awaiting more information on Ofqual and exam boards. There is a lot we still don't know, and as this Q&A is not due to focus on grading, we'll try our best to support as much as we can. Thank you for your understanding.

In this Q&A, we’ll speak to these experts
:

Courteney Sheppard: Senior Customer Experience Manager at UCAS

Mark Ferries: Education & Awareness Coordinator at National Careers Service

Claire Pratt, Head of Student Support (Wellbeing) at the University of East Anglia (UEA)
We will be looking out for some live questions, so if you have anything on your mind about how you're feeling about results day or any concerns about your future choices or how university will work, now will be a great time to reply in this thread with your question.

Our panelists are now live at the top of the thread and are answering your questions.

Check out our TSR Answers: Results and Clearing special hub page here!
Worried about Clearing? Sign up for our free Clearing alerts
I'm new to this website and can't find the video to watch , I tried clicking the bit at the top but it takes me straight back to this same page

help??
Pantera Fan Club
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
How long will it take for an appeal decision to be made? Will it be too long for the new decision to apply to my current offers?
BlinkyBill
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi everyone,

Apologies for the technical difficulties we had with our panelist Mark Ferries from the National Careers Service. He's asked me to let you know about the Exam Results Helpline, which you can call for support over the next few days. They're open 8am-10pm everyday for the next two weeks. You can call on 0800 100 900 and find out more here.
spicyspacedoggo
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Didn’t answer half the questions on this thread????
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by geetha0990)
do competitive unis such as london school of ecnomics do clearing?
https://www.lse.ac.uk/study-at-lse/U...sked-Questions

"All undergraduate places at LSE have now been filled. LSE will not be participating in Clearing or Adjustment for 2020 entry."

Not in 2020.
roxy120702
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
which mocks exams are they basing it off? year 12?
AAA*
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by spicyspacedoggo)
Ikr, where are they getting these questions from? like sure, im more curious to know how to make friends at uni then whether if Im going to get fair grades smh
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by macbook4)
is there a difference between taking exams in Summer or autumn?
Normally there wouldn't be Autumn exams, this is one off event to provide opportunities to students who want to sit the papers.

The autumn series is planned to be representative of what you would have got in the Summer, the only difference is non-exam assessments will be heavily reduced so for example if you needed to do a piece of coursework and exams, it will most likely now just be the exams used to determine the grade.
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by lfc.lak)
Some unis such as Notts require a form to enter clearing, do we have to reject our firm and insurance if we want to enter clearing ?
I don't know about the Notts form, but to get a clearing offer on UCAS you'll need a clearing number and the only way to do that is by declining your place at your firm and insurance.
Lemur14
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by spicyspacedoggo)
If you point out some of the questions not answered, I'm happy to get some of the team to answer them as best as they can :yep:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (63)
15.11%
I'm not sure (14)
3.36%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (141)
33.81%
I have already dropped out (6)
1.44%
I'm not a current university student (193)
46.28%

Watched Threads