The Student Room Group

Childcare Grant, can I use a nanny?

I've been trying, and failing, to get confirmation that I can use a nanny as my childcare provider, for Childcare Grant. Can anyone explain how payments would work?Unlike a childminder, a nanny is required to be my employee, so I would obligated to remove tax from her earnings. She would not be able to submit her hours and simply get paid for them, the way other childcare providers can. Before signing a contract with a potential nanny, I need to obtain written confirmation that this is possible, and it seems no one is able to answer this question. Thanks in advance.
Original post by Boony777
I've been trying, and failing, to get confirmation that I can use a nanny as my childcare provider, for Childcare Grant. Can anyone explain how payments would work?Unlike a childminder, a nanny is required to be my employee, so I would obligated to remove tax from her earnings. She would not be able to submit her hours and simply get paid for them, the way other childcare providers can. Before signing a contract with a potential nanny, I need to obtain written confirmation that this is possible, and it seems no one is able to answer this question. Thanks in advance.

Hi there, a Nanny is required to register online with the CCGPS https://www.ccgpay.co.uk/childcare-provider/login as a childcare provider(CCP), they will be validated in the same way as any other CCP by checking registration with the appropriate body. The Nanny will be required to submit payment requests online (for Nannies who are employed by the student they should include holiday pay, NI contributions etc).
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 2
Thank you
Thank you

You're welcome :smile:
Reply 4
Just to clarify, how do I deduct the tax then?
Just to clarify, how do I deduct the tax then?

I can see I am talking to you on Facebook also, so we will continue the conversation their in private.
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 6
Hi SFE Isaac,I'm also in this situation. Please could I contact you for advice.Thanks
Original post by CE-31-RH
Hi SFE Isaac,I'm also in this situation. Please could I contact you for advice.Thanks

Hi there,

The process works as follows:

- Student registers with the Childcare Grant Payment Service (CCGPS)
- Nanny registers with the Childcare Grant Payment Service (CCGPS)
- Nanny submits childcare costs weekly / fortnightly / monthly etc
- Student approves invoice and nanny receives payment.

If the nanny is employed by the student, they would need to discuss the total invoice amounts and in some cases the nanny may need to refund the student their tax and national insurance contributions from the amount they receive in the invoice.

Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending