The Student Room Group

Predicted grades for University First year a level student

How did everyone else do if you don't mind me asking, I got BCC

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
We didn't even get predicted grades as we have mocks when we come back in September. I wish I knew them now though.
Reply 2
Original post by m.s124
We didn't even get predicted grades as we have mocks when we come back in September. I wish I knew them now though.

Wow you guys have mocks when you come back lucky....
Original post by Dezer
How did everyone else do if you don't mind me asking, I got BCC

They aren't predictions at this stage - they are your targets. They are pretty meaningless tbh
Reply 4
Original post by Dezer
Wow you guys have mocks when you come back lucky....

Is it though
Reply 5
Original post by m.s124
Is it though

Yes 100% I can't even apply for any good unis with my grades....but at least you have a chance.....
Reply 6
Original post by Muttley79
They aren't predictions at this stage - they are your targets. They are pretty meaningless tbh

what do you mean this is literally the grades I use to apply to universities and as I mentioned I got BCC and want to do Chem Eng MEng....not a single good uni is going to take me in anymore...
Original post by Dezer
what do you mean this is literally the grades I use to apply to universities and as I mentioned I got BCC and want to do Chem Eng MEng....not a single good uni is going to take me in anymore...

You said you were a first year A level student so are you actually going into Year 13 now?
Reply 8
Yes I am going into year 13 but I use the grades my teachers gave i.e BCC to apply via UCAS for my 5 choices (which are at this point I have 0 clue)

You said you were a first year A level student so are you actually going into Year 13 now?
Original post by Dezer
Yes I am going into year 13 but I use the grades my teachers gave i.e BCC to apply via UCAS for my 5 choices (which are at this point I have 0 clue)

Sp your post was somewhat misleading. What are these grades based on? If you've been working at this level throughout Year 12 then they are fair.

You'll need to apply after A levels or go for a BEng. You can get upgraded to an MEng if you do well at uni.
Reply 10
Original post by Dezer
Yes 100% I can't even apply for any good unis with my grades....but at least you have a chance.....

I'm sure you can find a way to improve them if you work over them during the summer and you are going to have mocks in year 13 even if it they aren't at the start. Those grades aren't significantly bad and if your teachers see you are working harder they could even change them. I'm not sure though because I am also only in year 12 but good luck.
Reply 11
Sp your post was somewhat misleading. What are these grades based on? If you've been working at this level throughout Year 12 then they are fair.

You'll need to apply after A levels or go for a BEng. You can get upgraded to an MEng if you do well at uni.

I have been working very hard in year 12 but my MOCKS did not go so well but all my class assessments I have done well in etc... I don't know if the factor in my GCSE'S as I didn't go brill in them I got an 8 in Chem 7's for maths and phys and the rest 6's etc and ye so idk and I didn't change my base target when they asked me if I wanted to I don't know if that affected it or not.... I just don't know I think my only option right now is to just work my ass of this summer learn everything and just excel in lessons and excel the final test and apply through UCAS Adjustment or Clearing. The only question I have is how popular is Chem Eng on the clearing and Adjustment are there going to be universities I want to go to (specifically Sheffield or Nottingham MEng courses), like does anyone know from experiance that its possible to find MEng Chem Eng Courses on clearing/Adjustment.
Reply 12
Original post by m.s124
I'm sure you can find a way to improve them if you work over them during the summer and you are going to have mocks in year 13 even if it they aren't at the start. Those grades aren't significantly bad and if your teachers see you are working harder they could even change them. I'm not sure though because I am also only in year 12 but good luck.

Goog Luck to you as well buddy don't muck up this chance because you never know if there is going to be a huge second wave in the UK they might close school again and use the MOCK grades your really lucky to have gotten another chance buddy!
Reply 13
Original post by Failure In Life
My predicted are BBBB and i also wants to do MEng but all of then wants AAB or ABB ;(

I feel you buddy but you can apply for foundation year courses or do what I am going to do apply through ucas clearing/adjustment!

Cheer up, I know how you feel but there is nothing you can do to change the grades the PREDICTED you, but you can CHANGE what grades you can really achieve, and what fuels me more than anything is when people undermine my abilities. Channel that anger into learnign and when you get your results, go talk to them and smother it in there faces, definitely what I am going to do.
Reply 14
A*AA.
I got ABB in the mock, but as my school's grade boundaries are very high and papers are more difficult, I am predicted one grade higher in each subject.
Original post by Dezer
I have been working very hard in year 12 but my MOCKS did not go so well but all my class assessments I have done well in etc... I don't know if the factor in my GCSE'S as I didn't go brill in them I got an 8 in Chem 7's for maths and phys and the rest 6's etc and ye so idk and I didn't change my base target when they asked me if I wanted to I don't know if that affected it or not.... I just don't know I think my only option right now is to just work my ass of this summer learn everything and just excel in lessons and excel the final test and apply through UCAS Adjustment or Clearing. The only question I have is how popular is Chem Eng on the clearing and Adjustment are there going to be universities I want to go to (specifically Sheffield or Nottingham MEng courses), like does anyone know from experiance that its possible to find MEng Chem Eng Courses on clearing/Adjustment.

It should be based on more than just exams. Presumably you've had the papers back and you can address areas where you did not do so well?

You can check what vacancies there are now and then again in August - I don't think Chem Eng is that popular. Don't reject a BEng though because you can upgrade.
Reply 16
It should be based on more than just exams. Presumably you've had the papers back and you can address areas where you did not do so well?

You can check what vacancies there are now and then again in August - I don't think Chem Eng is that popular. Don't reject a BEng though because you can upgrade.

Does every uni offer the Upgrade.....???
Reply 17
Original post by 8013
A*AA.
I got ABB in the mock, but as my school's grade boundaries are very high and papers are more difficult, I am predicted one grade higher in each subject.

Again lucky....
Reply 18
Our exams were pretty hard and they did nothing of the sort...
Reply 19
Original post by Dezer
Our exams were pretty hard and they did nothing of the sort...

What are your grade boundaries?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending