Jobless and i don't know how much more of this i can take

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I graduated in 2017 and moved to London to start work. I worked there for 2 years and left after my contract ended and i was made redundant. COVID19 unfortunately struck and I've struggled to find work. I apply for jobs on LinkedIn, Indeed and other websites but even entry level jobs require 5 years of experience and a lot of other things which is just ridiculous and unobtainable.

I'm naturally introverted and i normally prefer staying indoors but this lockdown has pushed even me to my absolute limit. I try and keep busy by applying for jobs but my anxiety is through the roof and it's hard to focus. I regret leaving my call centre job as if i hadn't, i might still be employed now even though there was a lot of bullying and dealing with abusive customers all day long, and i'd have saved up a lot of money by staying at home even though i'd be very miserable.

I feel that coming from a lower middle class background, i feel like i will never achieve anything with my life.

How can i cope with these feelings? My family tell me to stop worrying and overthinking but it's hard not to. People i went to school with are well into their careers and are getting married and having children and i don't think i will ever achieve that.
Last edited by Interrobang; 1 week ago
Analyst89
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Just keep trying, keep finding a way to get there and people settle at different ages.

You could try at agencies or at the moment, go for any job at agencies for the moment.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Analyst89)
Just keep trying, keep finding a way to get there and people settle at different ages.

You could try at agencies or at the moment, go for any job at agencies for the moment.
Believe me, i'm trying but it's very disheartening to keep getting rejected. All i do is just apply for jobs everyday and sharpen up my skills.

Do you mean employment agencies??
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I feel you buddy Although i havent been a graduate as long as you the process of application > rejection is driving me nuts. So many people apply for one job especially at the moment it just seems impossible, even when you do stand a good chance people who work there already are favored because of nepotism.
I guess all we can do is keep trying, i really hate the 'just do an internship' stuff that gets bandied about, people should be paying others to work for them. It's not right that the only way you can get industry experience is through slave labour :/

:hugs:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (142)
37.08%
Take autumn exams (121)
31.59%
Look for a job (12)
3.13%
Consider an apprenticeship (17)
4.44%
Take a year out (67)
17.49%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (24)
6.27%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed