Turn on thread page Beta

Failed for the last time. But, I'll be back! Or will I? ...Help! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    NT

ReputationRep:
    Have you considered Open University courses?

ReputationRep:
    Definitely take the Certificate, you've achieved it

I'd recommend the OU too, if you're working and on a low income, you might not even have to pay

ReputationRep:
    I understand that feeling completely, I'm about to start my 6th year in college. I had a couple of really horrible years too - and after the 06/07 year I wasn't going to go back to college at all. A year out did really help me to put things in perspective though, and I'm looking forward to going back now next month.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    yeh i recommend to Open Uni too

ReputationRep:
    Certainly take the certificate - you've earned it - and don't give up - put things on hold - you can always revisit. I've suffered from depression for most of my life and finally went to uni as part of my rehabilitation (strange as it sounds) - this is not uncommon, honestly. What you will know is that your depression will vary in intensity and the impact it has on your life. Many years ago I couldn't have thought of doing a degree but I'm finishing my MA at the moment and starting a PhD in September. I'm not saying head straight on - I'm just saying it's still a possibility in the future. Don't give up on your dreams - you are not an 'impossibly apathetic failure' - you're just someone who needs a bit of extra time. Take a break - and good luck whatever you chose to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr. Sparkle)
    I honestly believe that, when I've finished studying on my own, I could pass the final exams (FYI: although I said I'd already failed multiple times, that was mostly due to me not even turning up for exams or submitting coursework - yeah, crazy, I know).
    What's the point in doing that?

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.