The Student Room Group

stereotypes about bengalis/bangladeshis?

just super curious since im bengali too and most people i meet seem to think bangladesh is in india.. anything you associate us with? stereotypes?
(edited 3 years ago)
Some of us have looked at a map, or have an interest in cricket.
Oh this is going to be a fun thread :redface:

Well there is a stereotype that bengalis/bangladeshis eat a lot of fish but then again it can just be the cuisine :s-smilie:
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 3
what..
Reply 4
Original post by SuperiorPotato
Oh this is going to be a fun thread :redface:

Well there is a stereotype that bengalis/bangladeshis eat a lot of fish but then again it can just be the cuisine :s-smilie:

okay but fish is actually really good man
Original post by fijitastic
okay but fish is actually really good man

Nah I hate fish it's a big thing in my culture but I hate it especially in curry. Fried fish is ok
I've heard the banter stereotypes and jokes about: fish focused diet, very wealthy curry restaurant owners, lavish gold wedding gifts to the bride and automatic full first cousin marriages almost every generation.
Reply 7
I don’t know but I can say all the ones I’ve met are lovely people :h:
They have Tigers there.
Reply 9
half bangladeshi but the main stereotype is that we eat fish a lot :s-smilie: in my case it isnt that true,and my two siblings are both allergic to fish (no joke) so we don't eat it often haha,and yes quite a lot of my family do own restaurants

Original post by fijitastic
just super curious since im bengali too and most people i meet seem to think bangladesh is in india.. anything you associate us with? stereotypes?

Quick Reply

Latest