The Student Room Group

healthy relationships

should you be healthy and satisfied with your self image before you find yourself a partner? is it selfish if you depend on them if you are not of a sound mind? thanks! <3
Yes!!! You should be contented and independent of your feelings first before depending on your partner, that way, if the two of you has broken up, you won't be so lost and so broken. Always choose to take care and love yourself first! ;*
I think so.
As mama RuPaul always says 'If you don't love yourself, how in the hell you gonna love somebody else?' This doesn't mean that you will have to change who you are, but you need to find and accept and love who you are. Who ever that may be.

To have a loving, long and stable relationship you need to be content with who you are and your lifestyle, if you are still experiencing things and finding yourself then I think you would struggle to have a meaningful long-term relationship.
Reply 4
i agree! thank you for the replies! but, let's say in the case of having a relationship where you or your partner has been recently diagnosed with a mental illness, although they have been showing symptoms the whole time you were together, if it got worse and they started to get more irritable and arguments escalated out of control and they began to spiral and their condition worsened, what would you do?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending