Anisablue
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi all

Sorry I keep putting this out there but I really want to see if there is anyone in the same boat for the recent dwp HEO jobs. It was a national recruitment so an hoping there is other people out there that is in the same position
beckyfarrer
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi

When was this role advertise?
Anisablue
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I think around feb/ March 2020 pre covid then they put it on hold coz of covid and started the recruitment again in June
Teddybear17
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I've been looking every day (almost) since March and have CS updates (daily) and I haven't seen any HEO positions for DWP.I saw a massive campaign for the EO roles (mainly Temp) but not HEO, they usually recruit EO to see how many HEOs needed, I could be wrong but I'm 100% I've not see any HEO?Can I ask was you on the EO 2017 campaign, i recognise your username? I was on the EO 2017 campaign on reserve
Anisablue
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
Hi

The HO jobs were internal maybe that’s why you did not see them. Plus this was pre-covid and were only advertising like 17jobs but now things have changed and the reserve list will be used for giving offers due to covid.
Yh I think so do you mean the work coach campaign - I was on the reserve list for 12 months I never got the job in the end but was offered the PIP job instead which I took and did that for about 9months. I then moved back to hmrc to be team leader and been doing that for just over 1 year now.
How did you get on, did you get the work coach job ?
Teddybear17
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Anisablue)
Hi

The HO jobs were internal maybe that’s why you did not see them. Plus this was pre-covid and were only advertising like 17jobs but now things have changed and the reserve list will be used for giving offers due to covid.
Yh I think so do you mean the work coach campaign - I was on the reserve list for 12 months I never got the job in the end but was offered the PIP job instead which I took and did that for about 9months. I then moved back to hmrc to be team leader and been doing that for just over 1 year now.
Yes I remember you. I remember speaking to you back then.

Ok thanks for that, I dont have access to Internal.

I stayed for 2years as a WC and left due to being stuck in a rut and to be honest was over experienced for the role (my previous role non CS was management)

I've applied again as I miss the CS, got merit list for a SEO role so I'm waiting for that and another SEO role

Good to hear from you and I'm glad it worked out for you in the end
Last edited by Teddybear17; 11 months ago
Anisablue
Rep:
?
Aww that’s amazing Yh I have been with CS just over 3 yrs now - it seems once you’re in you don’t want to leave lol. I’m trying to gradually move up the ranks started as AO in hmrc then EO in dwp and then came back to hmrc as EO . So now on reserve for HO at dwp but would prefer to stay in hmrc but there seems to be hardly any ho jobs here so have to just go for what is out there. I have applied for 2 so roles in hmrc but still waiting to hear back.
Yh I was a bit gutted being on a reserve list after the last experience but I’m hoping this time I will get the job
Well you sound like me lol just moving up and making best out of opportunities good luck for the future x
Teddybear17
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Aww that’s amazing Yh I have been with CS just over 3 yrs now - it seems once you’re in you don’t want to leave lol. I’m trying to gradually move up the ranks started as AO in hmrc then EO in dwp and then came back to hmrc as EO . So now on reserve for HO at dwp but would prefer to stay in hmrc but there seems to be hardly any ho jobs here so have to just go for what is out there. I have applied for 2 so roles in hmrc but still waiting to hear back.
Yh I was a bit gutted being on a reserve list after the last experience but I’m hoping this time I will get the job
Well you sound like me lol just moving up and making best out of opportunities good luck for the future x
Wow, well done you too! That's excellent news, I really hope you get the job.

Well done for staying and persevering (which is one of the things I need to work on) you have done great to work up as you know it's not easy and some not all but some managers can make it harder for you to move.

Yes its disheartening but it worked out well so far for you, I needed to come out to go back in to reflect and reset my grade going from EO to SEO wasnt going to work. Having said that I've applied for a few HEO roles with the MOJ so I'm hoping to get a interview on one of those too.
Keep us all posted and good luck xx
Last edited by Teddybear17; 11 months ago
Anisablue
Rep:
?
Aah moj yeh they seem to recruit a lot but the fact you have to apply on their website and not civilsevice jobs puts me off lol 🤣
Yes defo keep me posted hopefully you will get an offer for seo then you will be smashing life !
Bibirk
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi

Hi there , mind me asking what is the PIP job, do u need to have qualified ect sounds interesting
Bibirk
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
EO - executive office
AO - ?
CS - ?
Sorry what are these roles
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (43)
5.83%
Uncertainty around my education (84)
11.4%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (79)
10.72%
Lack of purpose or motivation (94)
12.75%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (39)
5.29%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (41)
5.56%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (79)
10.72%
Financial worries (50)
6.78%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (32)
4.34%
Exposure to negative news/social media (45)
6.11%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (24)
3.26%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (70)
9.5%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (57)
7.73%

Watched Threads