1kat
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
So i wanna make my own website but have no experience with coding. I assume I find a website builder (such as weebly) and make it though I dont know the details. It will also just be a blog. Please can you reccomend website builders to me (which require nil experience) and how i do this? Thanks
ClaudiaVan
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I use Wordpress which is good.
SAK_01
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hiya, have u thought of using WIX
ClaudiaVan
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by SAK_01)
Hiya, have u thought of using WIX
Wix is also great!
There’s also SquareSpace
1kat
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by ClaudiaVan)
I use Wordpress which is good.
Ive heard wordpress is hard to work with for a beginner. maybe im wrong
ClaudiaVan
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by 1kat)
Ive heard wordpress is hard to work with for a beginner. maybe im wrong
Wordpresss takes some time to get used to but it’s got lots of features

Maybe try Wix and see if that is easier
Moonbow
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
If Wix hadn’t popped up I would have been seriously unimpressed with TSR, the ads are everywhere!
On a serious note, there are loads you can use! I’ve used wix myself multiple times and it’s super helpful and informative
username5177602
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Wordpress and Blogger a good if you're going to be doing a blog and not just a website, Weebly is a good shout for something that is good all-round, whilst Wix is good if you want more control over the Website. I'd still prefer to develop the site myself, but they would be my choice if that wasn't an option.
rayshow053
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
My initial suggestion would have been Wordpress + Elementor but if you are to use a builder, considering that you might need a premium plan with more features and resources, these are my recommendations: Zyro (intuitive, not too overloaded, easy to use and affordable, good templates), Wix (also easy to use and affordable, has probably every possible feature you can imagine, find example) and Webflow (slightly more expensive, best choice if you want to alter/add code and scrips to the site). If you chose any aforementioned builder, you'd spend less than your approx. budget and could finish your project on time even with 2h per day on it.
Last edited by rayshow053; 2 months ago
spqr101
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I used wordpress when starting out in May. Not the easiest to navigate but youtube is your best friend with these matters and there are loads of features so it's worth it
AlexBess
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If you don't have experience in coding, using a website builder is a good choice. I tried Wix and didn't regret my decision. Though all web builders have pros and cons. My advice is to read the reviews, they allow to compare the most popular of them.Here I can suggest checking https://www.webbuildersguide.com/ as this source offers a great collection of reviews. Hopefully, it will be helpful for you.
Last edited by AlexBess; 4 weeks ago
alan55
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I also created my WordPress site for business. I used Elementor builder for that purpose. It gets great new features with every release. There's little you can't do with it. Also I found interactive usa maps here https://www.fla-shop.com/products/wp...ted-states/us/. Useful plugin too. The map can be deployed in merely few minutes and you can test the full plugin capabilities before buying.
Last edited by alan55; 2 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (33)
18.75%
I'm not sure (5)
2.84%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (57)
32.39%
I have already dropped out (3)
1.7%
I'm not a current university student (78)
44.32%

Watched Threads