Provisional licence help

Watch
ellieeehbz
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I'm about to apply for my first provisional licence and needed some help figuring out who can be my counter-signature. I don't have a passport so that rules out using that, and since the form is a paper one that they send you in the post it does limit my options because of corona & not being able to see many people. My friend works as a carer and has a valid license and so was wondering if that would be suitable?

Also can anybody explain the process? It says on the website that the people who counter-sign will be contacted - my friend obviously works busy shifts as a carer so I wouldn't want it to interfere with anything like that.

Thanks!!
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ellieeehbz)
I'm about to apply for my first provisional licence and needed some help figuring out who can be my counter-signature. I don't have a passport so that rules out using that, and since the form is a paper one that they send you in the post it does limit my options because of corona & not being able to see many people. My friend works as a carer and has a valid license and so was wondering if that would be suitable?

Also can anybody explain the process? It says on the website that the people who counter-sign will be contacted - my friend obviously works busy shifts as a carer so I wouldn't want it to interfere with anything like that.

Thanks!!
They don't need to be in any specific profession. As long as they meet the other criteria, all is well.

I've been a countersignatory quite a few times - not once have I been contacted by DVLA.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get the SQA results you wanted today?

Yes- I did even better than I hoped! (34)
17.89%
Yes- I got what I was hoping for (53)
27.89%
No- my results weren't as good as I'd hoped (103)
54.21%

Watched Threads