Anyone here do CrossFit?

Watch
fefssdf
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Signed up for my first cross fit intro session but I don’t know what to expect! I understand it’s gonna be pretty intense but I’m wondering if anyone here can give some more info on what it’s like like in terms of workout examples, how tired you feel ect?

Also if anyone has any feedback in terms of trying CrossFit vs standard gym going and what results they got out of that would be really helpful!

Thank you!!
TheMandalorian
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
This is just my personal opinion but CrossFit is overpriced and doesn’t gain you any better results than if you just went to a gym and followed good weight lifting programs that you can find for free on the internet.

A lot of people like CrossFit because of its strong community and focus on exercising with other people who encourage you. I suppose if you like the idea of meeting and making friends with other people whilst exercising it could be worth it. Me personally, I prefer exercising on my own and being able to zone out to my music whilst weightlifting. CrossFit would be a nightmare for an antisocial person like me.
Smack
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by fefssdf)
Signed up for my first cross fit intro session but I don’t know what to expect! I understand it’s gonna be pretty intense but I’m wondering if anyone here can give some more info on what it’s like like in terms of workout examples, how tired you feel ect?

Also if anyone has any feedback in terms of trying CrossFit vs standard gym going and what results they got out of that would be really helpful!

Thank you!!
I haven't done CrossFit myself, but it's clear that it can get good results if you're interested in "general" fitness,(i.e. not something specific like marathon running, or body building): if you do it often enough for long enough, you'll likely increase your ability to do physical things such as running, lifting things, body-weight stuff, etc, whilst increasing your muscle mass and losing some body-fat (if a suitable diet is also followed).

But versus standard gym going? If you are doing CrossFit you'll probably be in a group, in an environment that encourages you to work hard, so you'll likely be pushing yourself more than if you turn up to the gym yourself and go straight to the treadmill. Hence, you'll likely get better results. But, there is nothing inherently magical about CrossFit that cannot be achieved yourself - providing you have access to the equipment, but most gyms these days should have various cardio, bodyweight and free-weight equipment.

The instruction that CrossFit can provide, along with the community (as TheMandalorian says) might be worth it if you are starting out and need the direction.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How will you be receiving your results?

Going into school to pick them up (193)
33.22%
Receiving them online / by email (291)
50.09%
I still don't know (97)
16.7%

Watched Threads