2k19GCSES
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Do you need work experience to apply for biomedical science? I don’t have any work experience that is directly linked but I have a week in a nursery. Also is there any virtual work experience I could do for biomed? I would’ve looked for some to do over the summer but corona has ruined my plans
TheRealSaifali
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
you would not need any experience to apply
University of Sheffield Students
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hi 2k19GCSES!

Generally work experience is not required for BSc Biomedical Science programs. Admissions tutors mostly want to see that you have a passion for science and are willing to learn. You can demonstrate this through doing online courses, keeping up to date with biomedical news, reading articles and books etc.

Have a look at online courses here!

https://www.mooc.org/

Was this helpful?

- Soumya (3rd Year Biomedical Science student)
St George's, University of London
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by 2k19GCSES)
Do you need work experience to apply for biomedical science? I don’t have any work experience that is directly linked but I have a week in a nursery. Also is there any virtual work experience I could do for biomed? I would’ve looked for some to do over the summer but corona has ruined my plans
Hi 2k19GCSES

Generally work experience isn't needed for Biomedical Science as most universities offer it as part of the course, but it does improve your application if you have it. If you are unable to get any then the best thing to do is to see how the work experience you have got can be applied to your application in terms of the skills you have gained. For example, the experience you have gained in the nursery will have shown you are responsible, reliable and hard working etc, all of which are skills that they would be looking for in an applicant.

Hope this helps
Lauren
2nd Year Biomedical Science Student
SGUL Official Rep
2k19GCSES
Rep:
?
(Original post by St George's, University of London)
Hi 2k19GCSES

Generally work experience isn't needed for Biomedical Science as most universities offer it as part of the course, but it does improve your application if you have it. If you are unable to get any then the best thing to do is to see how the work experience you have got can be applied to your application in terms of the skills you have gained. For example, the experience you have gained in the nursery will have shown you are responsible, reliable and hard working etc, all of which are skills that they would be looking for in an applicant.

Hope this helps
Lauren
2nd Year Biomedical Science Student
SGUL Official Rep
Thanks so much Lauren!
2k19GCSES
Rep:
?
(Original post by University of Sheffield Students)
Hi 2k19GCSES!

Generally work experience is not required for BSc Biomedical Science programs. Admissions tutors mostly want to see that you have a passion for science and are willing to learn. You can demonstrate this through doing online courses, keeping up to date with biomedical news, reading articles and books etc.

Have a look at online courses here!

https://www.mooc.org/

Was this helpful?

- Soumya (3rd Year Biomedical Science student)
Thank you so much Soumya!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (707)
33.94%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (890)
42.73%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (393)
18.87%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.46%

Watched Threads